2014 2.0 TDI 150PS Dyno Results

Suicida1 Zombie

Mar 19, 2013
Oh, fair enough, I was worried uou would say it has warning lights and all sorts going mad. That sounds fine, just something I will get used to then.

Id rather have too much power and have to use it sensibly than always be wanting more....

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Andrew@DTUK

Forum Sponsor
we took the Skoda back to the dyno again this weekend, it now has 3,800 miles on the clock and it seams to be loosening up nicely..

This should be of interest to a few of you :)

This run was using map 3 plus 1...

OCTAVIA_240_zps08a0a777.jpg

240bhp and 372.4lbft / 505nm!! at 2625rpm

we then ran it on the usual map 4 plus 1.

SKODA_MAP4_zps8a1f7d22.jpg

237bhp and 370.7lbft / 504nm at 2306rpm

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
The 184 skoda vrs Andrew with the same files as my box or updated? I will give that a bash maybe.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
Essex
Hey Andrew. Is your Octavia running an updated map 3? I tried it last night and it definitely does not mirror your results. The torque come in much sooner not later and it tails off really early. Easily the least performance of all 4. These are my maps:

usydavy8.jpg

Andrew@DTUK

Forum Sponsor
we've been asked by a couple of members on how best to route the cables.

engine minus the engine cover with the cables installed

184-1_zps3567a8e5.jpg

I've highlighted the common rail plus boost connections, the yellow indicates part of the factory loom that. I usually route the common rail part of the loom underneath this to secure the cable in place.

184_zps43f27468.jpg

Suicida1 Zombie

Mar 19, 2013
Been running mine on 4+1 from as soon as I worked out how to open the box (LOL) and I am loving it. I have only done 100 miles since getting it but i filled up my tank just after getting it and topped up again today (long journey tomorrow) and I got a REAL MPG of 47 MPG, the best average I have ever got so far has been 51MPG average over a full tank with about 450 miles of the tank being steady motorway miles. 47MPG is excellent, especially taking into consideration that I have been hoofing it a lot more often with all the extra power on tap.

I also love the fact that I can now really feel the turbo come in and you feel that lovely surge of power.

Andrew is a genius!!!!!!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

A6_convert

New LEon owner considering a power boost.

OK guys, I have only just got my Leon so go easy on me.

I have been umming and ahhing over whether to get a DTUK box. And there is one thing I can't get me head round...

So almost every manufacturer of tuning boxes (or indeed remap suppliers) quote increased economy as a side effect (read added bonus) of an increase in Power. Apparently the logic being that for a given speed the engine doesn't need to work as hard and therefore uses less fuel. Okay, got that sounds like decent logic, well it makes sense, right.

So that being the case why is it that if you take the manufacturers figures, why does the 184PS not return better MPG than the 150 PS? I mean if you remapped a 150 you'd probably get around 184/190 PS anyway wouldn't you? so why then is the 184 juicier than a 150? :confused:

I really want to understand this, can anyone please help?

Thanks

A6_convert

One more question...

I forgot to ask...

Has anyone got the 0-60 times and top speed for a remapped (DTUK) 184 FR TDI ?

I don't suppose the top end will alter much but you never know.

FR184

Mar 27, 2014
Andrew, do you have a link to the trevor box for the 184, i cant seem to find my way around the site. Thanks