2014 2.0 TDI 150PS Dyno Results

gbru

Jan 29, 2015
I recently received my Leon ST FR 2.0 TDI 150 PS, leather seats and 18" Alloys. Love the loads of boot space, perfect for family and dog and car feels great to drive. I did however, feel frustrated by the lack of power after coming from a mapped Audi A3 of the same calibre.

As I did not want to go down the mapping route for fear of TD1 being flagged on the ECU thereby invalidating my warranty, I decided to get in contact with Andrew whom explained the merits of the DTUK system and gains I could expect to see.

Today my DTUK CRD-T+ arrived, it's delivered in a strong sturdy box so no chance of it getting damaged in shipping. Contents was a loom in a plastic zip loc bag, CRD-T+ unit, blanking plug, 2 cable ties and instructions on fitting. The CRD-T+ box itself looks and feels like a good bit of kit and has some weight to it, probably due to the thick ABS plastic that encases the wizardry. I put some di-electric grease (protection from moisture and corrosion) on the contacts of the sockets and arranged my wiring as per the instructions, I took my time, so fitting was approximately 15 minutes with no dramas.

I started off conservatively and programmed 1+0 into the box but really did not notice much of a difference to engine characteristic. At 1+1 I noticed a improvement in torque and power. At this point I decided to put 2+1 to test on a quiet stretch of long straight flat B-Road. At 2+1 setting the car felt strong but checked out relatively early. I went straight to 3+1 and the power is extremely strong, it felt like it came in a little later than 2 but when it did it was hard and checked out later than 2. Setting 3+2 is my favourite, it seems to feel more aggressive than 3+1 but probably not good for these cold wet and slippery conditions so have settled for 3+1.

I arrived home to find my Pipercross Panel filter on the kitchen table. Popped open the hood and fitted it for my journey up North tomorrow to see what sort of MPG i will be getting.

Overall I am extremely impressed with the results and the car is once again ALOT of fun to drive! :thumbup:

Early days still but for now DTUK gets a 10/10 from me!

Last edited:

Julian1977

Jan 28, 2015
We headed to the dyno this morning with a MK7 Vw Golf 2.0 TDI 150ps, our customer has been running the CRDT for a few weeks now and has been over the moon

I'll let the graph do the talking

196.1bhp and 327.8lbft/445nm

Is there a similar graph for the standard FR 150?

Havsgaard

Jan 15, 2014
Denmark
I started off conservatively and programmed 1+0 into the box but really did not notice much of
I arrived home to find my Pipercross Panel filter on the kitchen table. Popped open the hood and fitted it for my journey up North tomorrow to see what sort of MPG i will be getting.

Overall I am extremely impressed with the results and the car is once again ALOT of fun to drive! :thumbup:

Early days still but for now DTUK gets a 10/10 from me!

Do you notice any difference with the new filter vs the old one?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.