2014 Leon 1.6 TDI - Brake fluid leak behind pedal

Mar 1, 2022
Afternoon all,

Recently picked up a 2014 Leon estate, 1.6 TDI. Dived under the wheel today to look for the ODB port and I noticed there's a bit of brake fluid (assumption) on the rubber behind it. I am not sure if this is the rear of a servo that's leaking but did not find anything similar on the forum.

It does look like brake fluid, I will check later to double-check. The car is under trader's warranty, so that will be fun to get them to do.

Can anyone shed some light on this? I fixed a leaking servo on my mini but I think on this one it's an engine out kind of job?

TIA
IMG_4366.jpeg

Reactions: akonst12

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Speak to the warranty company first to see if it’s a repair they will cover and how much they will contribute towards to the repair. Also you need to speak to the seller as they might have a preference of where you take the car to be looked at and priced up etc. Most garages don’t like doing warranty claims as they take so long going back and forth with the company getting authority to do anything. Also the warranty company might not pay for the diagnostic time.

Reactions: Boshman88
Mar 1, 2022
So Halfords will do the work and they have a portal with that warranty provider. I have all the time in the world as the car is used weekends mostly. The seller knows and he advised to go to the nearest garage that accepts the claims, as it's faster than driving an hour to his place. Had a look at the warranty and they cover the master cylinder with a brake servo. Fingers crossed then!

Reactions: 300bhpdaily

MATT RILEY

Oil burner
May 9, 2004
I'm not saying it's not a leak but that is very rare to get brake fluid leaking that side of the servo. Are there any other wet bits around the pedals?
Just wondering if there was a noise and somebody has been sprayed lube around?
What's you brake fluid level like?

Reactions: Mr Pig

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
Brake fluid and oil smell quite different - I would smell it and double check it is actually brake fluid?

Apr 20, 2023
Afternoon all,

Recently picked up a 2014 Leon estate, 1.6 TDI. Dived under the wheel today to look for the ODB port and I noticed there's a bit of brake fluid (assumption) on the rubber behind it. I am not sure if this is the rear of a servo that's leaking but did not find anything similar on the forum.

It does look like brake fluid, I will check later to double-check. The car is under trader's warranty, so that will be fun to get them to do.

Can anyone shed some light on this? I fixed a leaking servo on my mini but I think on this one it's an engine out kind of job?

TIA
View attachment 30164
I have the exact same issue with my 2021 Seat Ibiza. The car was inspected by the dealer and i was told that the factory places grease on the brake cylinder piston so any noises would be cancelled out. Most of the time these greases turn into liquid due to high temperature that develop inside the car, and that’s what is dripping on the floor mats. I’m not sure if this is the case but they said to me that they will monitor it.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.