2017 Leon!!!

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
The new tax is only applicable to cars registered on or after April the 1st, does anyone know when a new car can be registered? As in can it be registered to you before you take delivery?

It can be registered before YOU take delivery but as far as I know not before the DEALER takes delivery.

Depending on the model you go for - some models you would want to register it after 1st April ( CUPRA for example )

Benjyshwa

Jan 14, 2017
It can be registered before YOU take delivery but as far as I know not before the DEALER takes delivery.

Depending on the model you go for - some models you would want to register it after 1st April ( CUPRA for example )

I see, I've gone for the 184 Diesel due to many motorway miles.
I've had an estimated delivery date of the 31st of March (cutting it close!) asked my dealer but he didn't seem to know and is apparently finding out.

Really don't want to pay and extra £110 ish for vehicle tax!

Love-Cupra

Jul 29, 2016
Netherlands
Dutch price

Here in the Netherlands Seat priced the new Cupra at least Euro 5000 more expensive than the 280 2 1/2 year ago with equal options.
I personally think that this way they will lose a lot of potential buyers and current Cupra 280/290 drivers.
Why they put the price up thát much? Haven't a clue. probably a marketing guy's idea.

Bit conflicting info :
At first I hv red that DSG and AWD are standard on all Cupra 300 ST 's ?
However now the DSG is back as option, so hard to compare this way.

If (and only IF) the DSG is standard on the ST the price is not raised much, even not at all.
Compared to the 290 the prices are only up by a grand ! So with the added awd one can state
rather "friendly" all together. But if an extra for DSG has to be paid......
The price for the 290 model was not as friendly as on the 280 (and 265 in UK), bonus for the
succes I guess. If the 300 are not sold for this higher price Seat will need to come with actions, long or short term. Time being we all know the trouble with VAG, ex-Dieselgate, and this money will need to be found.

Nice that alarm is now fitted, as was not standard in Holland. Assuming we'll get this too.

Aknedude

Jan 24, 2017
New engines and new DSG from week 22 2017. A new 1,5 EVO engine will be avaliable on Leon and a New DSG 6 Speed Gearbox will Kill the old 7 speed. This new gearbox will be able to handle way more Torque than the old one.

And a new Active instrument cluster will also come as an option for 2018 models.

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
New engines and new DSG from week 22 2017. A new 1,5 EVO engine will be avaliable on Leon and a New DSG 6 Speed Gearbox will Kill the old 7 speed. This new gearbox will be able to handle way more Torque than the old one.

And a new Active instrument cluster will also come as an option for 2018 models.

Assuming Cupra 300 isn't getting the a new DSG as per Golf/S3 and this relates to the cooking models?

Can see a few people cancelling current orders and waiting for MY18 if it means they get the AID. Still week 22 is a while a way for some.

Deleted member 73808

Assuming Cupra 300 isn't getting the a new DSG as per Golf/S3 and this relates to the cooking models?

Can see a few people cancelling current orders and waiting for MY18 if it means they get the AID. Still week 22 is a while a way for some.

Just got myself over the idea of having an e-parking brake and sounding out prices for a cupra, and now the virtual cockpit is looking close - arghhhh!
I know you can wait forever but the constant changes is making me hesitate like the old dear at the top of an escalator!

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
Just got myself over the idea of having an e-parking brake and sounding out prices for a cupra, and now the virtual cockpit is looking close - arghhhh!
I know you can wait forever but the constant changes is making me hesitate like the old dear at the top of an escalator!

I guess in this case the forthcoming AID was pretty much given away by Seat at their press events so those who want it would sit tight. If I was ready to switch I would wait myself. I'm still hoping for a 4WD 5 door coming and I know I might be waiting a while :think:

czapel1988

Apr 19, 2016

nonsense. I do not know where you got this information.

FRTSIman

Aug 2, 2013

Where precisely did you find this information? Do you work for SEAT, VW Group, or for one of their dealerships?

Aknedude

Jan 24, 2017
nonsense. I do not know where you got this information.

The new Ibiza, new Oct, new Golf FL. Will get these upgrades, and also Seat Leon. The new instrument was mentioned on the FL presentation. The video is on youtube.
So im afraid its, Real enough.

Omen

Dec 29, 2016
London
The facelifts are starting to appear slowly but surely in the dealerships.

Popped over to Euro Seat Crawley yesterday & they had a 2017 ST FR and a 5 door Leon at the back of the showroom. Both looked good.

FRTSIman

Aug 2, 2013
The new Ibiza, new Oct, new Golf FL. Will get these upgrades, and also Seat Leon. The new instrument was mentioned on the FL presentation. The video is on youtube.
So im afraid its, Real enough.

Please could you tell us exactly what YouTube video you are referring to, and how to find it?

If you are unable to post the direct link to the video here, then please could you give us the name of the YouTube channel and the title and posting date of the video, as it would be very interesting to view the video first-hand.

Bengal

Feb 22, 2014

Popped over to Euro Seat Crawley yesterday & they had a 2017 ST FR and a 5 door Leon at the back of the showroom. Both looked good.

Seen a 17 fr in seat Birmingham must say the fog lights actually look more like a after thought

Aknedude

Jan 24, 2017
Please could you tell us exactly what YouTube video you are referring to, and how to find it?

If you are unable to post the direct link to the video here, then please could you give us the name of the YouTube channel and the title and posting date of the video, as it would be very interesting to view the video first-hand.
it is the official presentation video, the guy Says, "a new active instrument Will come later this year"

pdid

Jan 15, 2017

I called into Preston the other day, they had both the ST and 5 door too. Unfortunately neither in Mystery Blue.

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
Yes. Also suspect it will be an option.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

For sure a costly option considering keyless missed out on the standard spec.

I'm ahead of myself here but the mk3 Cupra run out model is going to be a well kitted vehicle when the options make the standard list as they eventually do.

pdid

Jan 15, 2017
Well Blackpool SEAT have just let me down telling me they quoted for manual rather than DSG even though they've ordered a DSG? Payment for the DSG would be £217 not the £187 they quoted originally, I've cancelled.

Back to the drawing board.......................[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

pdid

Jan 15, 2017
OFF Topic but how are you finding these guys in Preston ?
Their Liverpool branch does not get very good reviews.

The chap was friendly enough, I wasn't in there for anything other than a nosey at the new model though, I was in and out in 10 minutes. Can't be any worse than Blackpool...

Also I think there are a few SEAT dealers in Preston, This was the one on Riverway, not sure if it's the same one as the Liverpool branch.

I've asked for a quote via online messaging, so we'll see how that goes.

Last edited: