220 BHP Engine for Mk3 Leon FR?

Bobanegra

Oct 15, 2010
Stirling
Sorry if this is a repost...

Was reading this article earlier at Autocar and they are claiming that the new Golf GTi will feature a new 220BHP engine - this will surely be the same one to feature in the next Leon FR I'd have presumed?

Also interesting note on the 1.4 TSi engines having the supercharger removed? Will there be higher specced versions of these engines in next year's facelifted Ibizas?

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Sorry if this is a repost...

Was reading this article earlier at Autocar and they are claiming that the new Golf GTi will feature a new 220BHP engine - this will surely be the same one to feature in the next Leon FR I'd have presumed?

Also interesting note on the 1.4 TSi engines having the supercharger removed? Will there be higher specced versions of these engines in next year's facelifted Ibizas?

It was an interesting article as initially the GTI MK7 was rumoured to have a 1.6 Turbo which is in development to replace the 1.4 twincharger.

I assume like last time we will wait a while for the FR and Cupra to appear especially if it does have the tweaked EA888 with Audi valvelift to increase mpg and reduce emissions oh and torque. As it is a peach of an engine Co2 and real world economy are the most important factors to address.

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
I am sure I read that they FR will feature the 1.8 turbo charged unit making 180PS With the cupra getting the new 2.0 turbo plant.

gareth86

Oct 9, 2010
Kent
That sucks. I'm definitely considering one of these when they're out but it's frustrating that you have to play the waiting game just for the extra power.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise