235/35/19 Tyre Pressures

RickyD1975

Audi A6 2.0TDI 170 S-Line
Jan 2, 2008
North East
Could anyone who has upgraded to 19" wheels advise what the tyre pressures should be on 235/35/19 tyres?

35 - Fronts??
32 - Rears??

After a long wait of nearly seven weeks I should get getting my new 19" BBS CK's with Toyo T1-R tyres next week.

I originally ordered Vredstein Ultrac Sessanta's although a small mix-up has ended up me paying additional for the Toyo's as no-one has the Vredstein's in stock.

JayTse

A Natural Petrolhead....
Dec 4, 2008
Runcorn//Barnsley//Newcastle
like zip code said....

but i think it only becomes illegal when you decide to put on wheels which are either wider or on spacers, which makes the wheel exposed and not fully covered by the wheel arch..

RickyD1975

Jan 2, 2008
North East
Thanks for your response guys, I'll get the tyres set a the correct pressures when I fit my gleaming new 19" BBS CK on tomorrow morning.

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Thanks for your response guys, I'll get the tyres set a the correct pressures when I fit my gleaming new 19" BBS CK on tomorrow morning.

RickyD, how do you find the ride on 19's with OE tyre pressures?

I have to run 40psi on the front, 36psi on the rears in the Audi (difference may be due to Haldex), and I find the ABS kicking in more under heavy braking. Any ill effects that you've noted?

RickyD1975

Jan 2, 2008
North East
Warren, I cannot say that I've noticed any difference witht the larger wheels when braking. I do however notice a lot more traction with the wider tyres. I also find the Toyo's have better grip in both the wet and dry than the standard fittment Pirelli's.

There doesn't appear to be any significant increase in road noise, although it is slightly more trashy over bad/rough road surfaces.

Cheers

RickyD