3.5mm stereo jack plug to Aura CD changer socket?

r0w3r

I've got an Aura CD HU in my Leon and want to get a connection for either an iPod or any other MP3 player by way of a 3.5mm stereo jack plug.

I know you can get kits which have an iPod specific dock connector one end and a plug for the CD changer the other but these are too expensive I think.

I know Kenwood do a lead which is a 3.5mm stereo jack plug to a CD changer plug and it's about a tenner.

Anyone know if this lead will work with the Aura too or any other suggestions for achieving what I am trying to do please?

I'm not worried about using the Aura to control track selection on the iPod, just volume.

Many thanks!

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
There are various AUX adaptors and iPod adaptors, but most are a similar price (around £50+). The manufacturer specific ones - like the Kenwood you mention - only work with that brand of head unit. So a Kenwood adaptor wont work with a Seat head unit.

Connects 2, Soundlinx and Denison all make very good adaptors, but they aren't cheap.

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
They sell the adaptor leads on eBay for about £30.

They're from Poland, but don't let that put you off.

Nov 28, 2006
I know that you said that you wanted to be able to connect any MP3 player but here's something to note about the iPod. The 3.5mm jack connection is electrical (analogue) and does not sound as good as using the dock connector which is digital. Also with the other kits you can charge the iPod as well.

Sound quality is important to me but it might not make any difference to you. Just having an iPod in the car is cool enough though [B)]

Jonny_Paul

Manicmotors.net
I know that you said that you wanted to be able to connect any MP3 player but here's something to note about the iPod. The 3.5mm jack connection is electrical (analogue) and does not sound as good as using the dock connector which is digital. Also with the other kits you can charge the iPod as well.

Sound quality is important to me but it might not make any difference to you. Just having an iPod in the car is cool enough though [B)]

yep thats a point also, also connects2 do a kit for a Sony Walkman, if you have one of these instead of an ipod.

Also the jack plug will probably last you long term, say you buy a certain type of mp3 player then decide to get another, for instance ipod to walkman, you'll still be able to use it, and will not have to change the connectors

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton

This is true to a certain extent, but the standard Leon head unit is nowhere near good enough to be able to transmit the difference between the two. Aftermarket headunits may be able to, but the Seat unit would be the weak link in the chain so wont highlight the benefit of an all-digital connection.

Nov 28, 2006
This is true to a certain extent, but the standard Leon head unit is nowhere near good enough to be able to transmit the difference between the two. Aftermarket headunits may be able to, but the Seat unit would be the weak link in the chain so wont highlight the benefit of an all-digital connection.

Good point RobM. I've got an Alpine HU and I could tell the difference between the two.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
The Alpine will have the quality to show it up. In fact, the Alpine will be able to highlight any change or weakness in the system so you can pinpoint what changes have a positive or negative affect.

Just sold my Alpine unit for a Becker, just to get the OE look again. Bloody fantastic unit :D

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Will take some tomorrow for you... weather is nasty at the moment so no chance of me leaving the house! :lol:

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Here you go.. not the best pictures, but you get the idea....

Becker02.jpg

Becker01.jpg

Nickscape

A bit of an old thread but doesnt quite answer my question -

I got a link form this site a while ago to this product - Connects2 CT29BP01 (i cant add links)

Has anybody used this on the MK1 standard Aura headunit to give and 3.5mm connection - do you think this cable is compatible??

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
That is for a blaupunkt though.
Think the Aura is a grundig?

I have the connects 2 in mine allows me to use the 3.5mm jack on my iphone to play it through the cd changer port.

Nickscape

I think your right - just found this model - Connects 2 CTVSTX002 which seems to be the one, although a little more expensive

2009bigchief

hello i got a quick question dose any one know where to find the audio in on the circuit board i want to hard wire a 3.5mm jack plug straight into my cd player and then put in a blank cd then play my i pod has any one got any ideas would b very appreciated:shrug: thanks

2009bigchief

hey lee my man u said u wired a connects 2 but i dont want to do that i want a wat cheaper option i al lready got it wirde through the cd changer but i want to do it this way so it leaves my cd changer free thanks help pointing me in the right way would b great

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
If you have a cassette radio you can get an adapter and wire it through the radio chassis so it becomes accessible to plug in, heard of that before.
Or there is an adaptor to plug where the changer goes, in the back of the radio itself, which as a 3.5mm jack on i believe.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise