310 VZ2 Servicing Interval? 16 Months?

MattyD803

Mar 2, 2021
Crikey, your an unhappy edgy person. You asked for advice and then slag off people who give you answers you don't like šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ strange man.
Wow, your actually able to assess someones state of mind and behaviour based purely on a string of words typed into a forum reply? Thatā€™s really quite incredible, once again, well done. Total BS, but well done for trying.

Please can you quote the wording I have used to ā€œslagā€ anyone off please? You see, Iā€™ve just re read the entire thread and Iā€™m struggling to find it? Or did you just not like me dismissing your statement about a Ā£199 service pack, which for reference doesnā€™t seem to exist anywhere online I can see for the Formentor 310 on a lease?

Anyway, lifeā€™s too short to spend responding to comments which have nothing to do with the original post and are based on someone not being able to read properly, it would seem. The answer has been found, the interval has been reset to what is the correct timeframe, the car will be serviced in around 11 months time, exactly in accordance with the Cupra schedule for this engine/oil.

For all intents and purposes, thread closed.

Last edited:

Shackattack

Apr 12, 2021
Orrr, you could just skip the service and get charged 50 quid haha!

1645095096799.png

Wyld Stallyn

Be Excellent To Each Other and... Party On Dudes!
Mar 10, 2022
Just to update this, resetting of both the oil and inspection service indicators is VERY easy by just a couple of button presses, exactly as it is on all recent VAG products.

Turn car ignition on (do not start it). With the dash display in "classic" mode, scroll through the central screen until you get the picture of the car, (where the text saying "long press for configuration screen" is displayed at the bottom.). On this screen, hold down the scroll wheel for around 5-7 seconds and then release. You will then enter a 'hidden' menu, within which one option is for "service reset". Then chose which type of 'service' you wish to reset, then job done. I have only done the 'Oil Service' reset, and that gave me an additional 365 days/10000 miles.

This procedure obviously DOES NOT remove any obligation you have to service the car in accordance with the manufacturer's requirements, but for reference, the 310bhp models (EA888 engine) is filled from the factory with 'Longlife oil', and as such, the car should be set to Variable Servicing during PDI. By virtue of the type and quality of the oil it is filled with, these models (and I assume the others too) DO NOT require an oil change or indeed inspection until 20k miles/2 years, whatever comes first. (Please note, that this is variable and based on driving style, hence may reduce over time).

There we go - hope this is useful for someone, and will potentially save you Ā£250/300 if like me, your supplying dealer PDI technician was an idiot.
Feel like a total muppet for asking but what does "classic" more look like and how do I get there..?
Formentor VZ3 310 V1899 sw
Any help greatly appreciated

All together now...2,3,4 Mahnah manah!

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021
Classic mode will be with the two traditional dial set up, tachometer and Speedo. There is then a list of options between the 2 that you can scroll through. On the Ateca itā€™s the ā€œViewā€ button that switches through the styles o& display.

Reactions: Wyld Stallyn

Wyld Stallyn

Mar 10, 2022
Classic mode will be with the two traditional dial set up, tachometer and Speedo. There is then a list of options between the 2 that you can scroll through. On the Ateca itā€™s the ā€œViewā€ button that switches through the styles o& display.
Oh on the Binacle šŸ‘, not on the iPad some numpty bolted to the dash after they removed all the switches and buttons to make room for it šŸ™ˆ

Wyld Stallyn

Mar 10, 2022
All Sorted - Reset Complete saved me bugging the dealerships to do what could've been done when car got serviced the other month.

Thankyou Everyone šŸ‘

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.