58.3mpg no word of a lie

Zipcode

Jun 23, 2008
Brackley, Northant's
The best i've achieved is about 63 for a 160ish mile round trip. I did that trip 2 days in a row and achieved very similar results. that is traveling between 50-65mph.

On a whole, i got about 655 miles to the full tank. I did not enjoy putting nearly 83quid's worth of fuel in afterwards though!

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
No rope, I have pic on my phone too for proof.

TBH 77.4MPG from Bradford to Brighouse isn't that good, 80MPG is about right lol.

I've done just over half a tank now Lee and i'm on 330miles..........so defo defo was either the fuel (extra low sulfur crap - Craig Senior also posted about crap MPG on that stuff) or my fuel filter was knackered (dont see how on only 23k tohugh)

Last moth my diesel light would of been coming on is another 30miles time, onboard says i got another 180miles left.

I'm putting it down to a wrongly labelled fuel pump at my local Shell, either that or the Goverment is MAKING fuel companies trick customers into buying extra low sulfur crap so we are greener and need to fill even more often (really really wouldnt suprise me)

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
No rope, I have pic on my phone too for proof.

TBH 77.4MPG from Bradford to Brighouse isn't that good, 80MPG is about right lol.

I've done just over half a tank now Lee and i'm on 330miles..........so defo defo was either the fuel (extra low sulfur crap - Craig Senior also posted about crap MPG on that stuff) or my fuel filter was knackered (dont see how on only 23k tohugh)

Last moth my diesel light would of been coming on is another 30miles time, onboard says i got another 180miles left.

Happy Daze :D :D

The only time I ever use a rope is when I try to hang myself with it! lol. Size tens and all.

tw@

do about 46mpg on average. reset it once and got 66mpg behind a wagon at 60mph

timmahhhhhh

Apr 29, 2007
Leamington Spa
Work of the devil:

mpg.jpg

I obviously still have work to do to reach 70 mpg..................

700+ miles out of a tank though.

Chris, do you think the remap is helping or hindering the economy?

timmahhhhhh

Apr 29, 2007
Leamington Spa
Tickle? More like caressing; it must be illegal what you've been doing to your throttle pedal! :lol:

"accelerating in a leon is very much like making love you a beautiful woman".....................

Space-Black

Jun 16, 2008
Northants
I got 67.5 out of mine on a 40 min journey with changing speeds the other day....

Can't complain - would insert a pic but for some reason it won't work! Going Scotland in September - I live in the Midlands so I'm interested to see what MPG I get from her then.

sssstew

Editing your spelling
yep true chris.

space - the low rev driving will end up clogging up the EGR system with soot in the long run, so if you are driving to save fuel then perhaps once a week or so go for a good hard drive to clear the system and get the vanes on the turbo working and free so they dont get sticky and cause that old problem,

Space-Black

Jun 16, 2008
Northants
Ah right, lol, thanks! I don't drive lightly all the time - had a pug up my arse this morning that was soon left behind but I must admit until/if diesel prices drop I'm having to drive more carefully than I would usually. I've heard also that hard driving when the engine's cold can knacker the turbo so I try to be nice in the mornings and when I first leave work....

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise