6 Clock Sport owners - Immob problems

pow

May 26, 2007
I'm locked in a bit of a battle with my local SEAT dealer about the immobilizer on my car at the moment.

If you have/had a 6 clock Ibiza Sport TDi AND have had the immobilizer problems (refusing to start every now and again) - it seems the only fix is to have the cluster replaced, please post up about your experiances.

Please state the car, problem and solution in the post as I am printing this thread off and taking to the dealer later.

Thanks in advance.

bald_eagle

yeah its blue but i like
Mar 25, 2007
2002 6 dial 130 tdi sport ,It started off as an occasional no start fault and gradually got worse until it was a regular happening and you never knew when you would be stranded.
Plenty of threads on here mentioning the fault so i knew all about what was happening.
funnily enough twice the symbol started flashing as i was driving along but the car continued to run normally!!!
ended up having to bypass the immobiliser as im not paying seat £500+ to replace there own faulty part!!

good luck and if you want anymore info let me know

Ian

SeatIbizaTdi

2002 6 dial 130 tdi sport ,It started off as an occasional no start fault and gradually got worse until it was a regular happening and you never knew when you would be stranded.
Plenty of threads on here mentioning the fault so i knew all about what was happening.
funnily enough twice the symbol started flashing as i was driving along but the car continued to run normally!!!
ended up having to bypass the immobiliser as im not paying seat £500+ to replace there own faulty part!!

Ian

Hi there.

We've had immobiliser problems on our Ibiza. Have posted in Immobiliser problem, pulling my hair out thread.

Our problems probably started at just under 100k, but got really bad a couple of weeks ago (101k on 53 plate).

Have taken out dials and resoldered connector. Too early to say if it's worked or not (only done it just over 1 week ago).

Anyway, as I'm not overly optimistic (and I hate immobilisers on cars) was wondering if Ian/bald eagle could tell me how to go about bypassing the immobiliser. Thanks.

Dan_Biza_Boi

189 bhp 312 touqe
Mar 29, 2008
gillingham kent
2002 tdi 130
alot of people have had this problem with this model and year.
i had mine done at seats and there machine said ignition coil
they were wrong then they done the clocks and thats what solved
it now its all good

did you have a light showing a key and a car

130 ibiza

Ian

Hi Ian,

I'm a newbie with this site and with Ibiza's, I've got an 03 sport tdi and I've got the exact same problem! Just had the ignition coil reader replaced @ the cost of 90 quid and still happening! I was just wonder how much it was to have the immobilser bypassed and will it definatley cure my nightmare! Thanks in advance

gaffer1986

Having the green block connector in the back of the instrument cluster resoldered, worked for me. I had it done by speedofixer.co.uk

Speak to Faroux, he is very helpful and managed to take the cluster out and resolder it for a fraction of the price and has not played up since. :D

If you bypass the immobiliser you will probably still have the immobiliser light flashing on the dash.

edewer

May 14, 2007
Newbury/Reading
mine just went out of the blue, and took the cluster with it!

am currently battling with SEAT to pay for it, but until they sort it i'm £400 out of pocket!

was just driving along, looked down and realised i had no readings from anything on the dash. drove it home, stopped it, then went to start it again and it would turn but not fire up. :(

joop200789

Jul 5, 2009
Barnsly
mines started doing the same the other night, but i read else where when it doe it push on the clocks where 100mph is when you turn the key and it solves it no a short while,

130 ibiza

Having the green block connector in the back of the instrument cluster resoldered, worked for me. I had it done by speedofixer.co.uk

Speak to Faroux, he is very helpful and managed to take the cluster out and resolder it for a fraction of the price and has not played up since. :D

If you bypass the immobiliser you will probably still have the immobiliser light flashing on the dash.

Thanks for that pal i will give it a try, i'm going to have the keys recoded first to see if that makes a difference if not then i will try with the soldering - thanks again

joop200789

Jul 5, 2009
Barnsly
i think your best bet is the soldering first,have you tryed with more then one key?if so probley not them,

what colurs your ibiza i might have seen you about coz am always flying about

130 ibiza

i think your best bet is the soldering first,have you tryed with more then one key?if so probley not them,

what colurs your ibiza i might have seen you about coz am always flying about

yep pal both keys aren't workin, its bright yellow 03 reg m8t wi black alloys carnt miss me! lol, wot u drivin? gunna av it plugged in tmora on VAGcom t c wot errors it pulls.....:-o

joop200789

Jul 5, 2009
Barnsly
so its a sport 130 not a fr, i think i seen you about tbh am in a sport 130 plat grey, standard looking just got red tt calipers and my T's missing off my tdi on the back,

i bet you get a cod error under insturments say 0114 low signal and another in engine say block by imoblisher intermitent thats what i keep getting with vag-com

130 ibiza

yep 130 sport nt fr, got same error codes pal sendin a weak signal to keys, looks like either a new cluster or abit of handy soldering.....

joop200789

Jul 5, 2009
Barnsly
i ant taken mine art yet, so i dont know, try soldering first then go for custer if that fails,let me know how you get on removing em as this is going to be my next job on the car