6x9 Rear Shelf Speakers

dunjamon

Dec 23, 2007
Great North-West
Hi, I'm looking to get some 6x9 speakers to fix to my rear shelf, but am unsure as to the best way of wiring them up. What's the easiest way? Will I need to run cables down to my head unit?

Thanks.

ps...or would I be better off simply upgrading the exisiting speakers?

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
dont bother with 6x9's utter cr@p.

get some decent front components, Amp them and install a sub.

look in my sig for my very old 'how to' guide on installing a better audio system

greg

Aug 31, 2005
Yeah i agree with Adam, you only need front components and a sub, much better sound than 6x9s. Plus all it takes is for some pikey to see the 6x9s on display in your rear window and then your hoovering up glass from your boot and visiting scrappys for a new shelf.

Oct 17, 2006
Walthamstow
i put some sony explode 6 x 9's in - im happy with them - i plugged them straight in the the existing speaker cables -
covered up the shelf so ooo so stealthy lol

but me personally i am well happy with the sound - sounds good inside but dont really get any noise outside as twats will try and nick something -

although fronts do need changing -

Apr 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Iv got some sony (somethings, cant remember) on the shelf, easy to fit, easy to link up to the speakers already at the rear. Didn't bother with linking them to the front as i was happy with the quality they were putting out.

It's all personal choice though.

dunjamon

Dec 23, 2007
Great North-West
I've decided to repalce the fronts...but the wiring on the tweeters looks odd. Only the red wire seems to be connected to the tweeter itself and then there is a transister-type thingy...any ideas on how I would connect my new one?

dunjamon

Dec 23, 2007
Great North-West
So, I've got the speakers working, but in doing so I broke the central locking switch on the driver side door. Does anyone know any good sites I can get one of these from? Or an good places in the NW?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.