A colour question

tsmithy

I'm in the process of colour coding my ibiza and have seen a MK5 ibiza at the local scrap yard that I want to take the door handles off and fit to mine (i'm pretty sure that the part numbers are the same so should go straight on).

My car is a Luna Grey Mk4 and the car at the scrap yard looks like a Luna Grey too (see link).

link

I just want to confirm that if they are both Luna Greys then the colour match should be good enough? thanks :)

Ferryman

1.8T Goes Like Hell
Oct 23, 2008
Helsinki, Finland
Door handles on MK5 are different compared to MK4.
They are not interchangeable. Different attachment, different base plate.
MK5 shares them with Polo 6R platform.

tsmithy

Door handles on MK5 are different compared to MK4.
They are not interchangeable. Different attachment, different base plate.
MK5 shares them with Polo 6R platform.

really, has anyone tried? I saw some handles on ebay and they said 02 to 10 so thought later ones would be ok. I'll have to try and cancel my order now, hope they let me

tsmithy

Ferryman, do you think the exterior bot of the handles from a mark 3 cupra would fit.

I'm only asking because the scrap yard dont have any silver mk4's with colour coded door handles and hopefully they will let me swap the ones that I have ordered. :cry:

Thanks

Ferryman

1.8T Goes Like Hell
Oct 23, 2008
Helsinki, Finland
They seem to be even more different.
MK3 handles do not have a base plate, and the lock cylinder is goes "thru" the handle, while MK4 lock cylinder is not attached to the handle itself.

btw. MK4 shares the door handles with following cars:

Audi:
A2
TT 8N

Seat:
Altea
Arosa
Cordoba 6L
Leon
Toledo

Skoda:
Octavia
Superb

Volkswagen:
Bora
Fox
Golf 1J & 1K
Lupo
Polo 6X & 9X

All Seats except Arosa have been available in Moon Grey (S7Y) color, so maybe you should widen up your search ;)

Last edited:

tsmithy

Excellent, thanks for such a useful reply! Should be able to find something that will fit!

Will take the list to the scrap yard tomorrow;)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.