A little help to fit front upper strut brace :S

elcristoff

Cupra Sport ****yeah!
Apr 8, 2009
Portsmouth
Hi all, i recently aquired a OMP front upper strut brace, but i have no idea how to fit it (No0b)

There is about 3 randon screws coming through the turret on the drivers side, then you have the washer bottle mount and alarm on the passanger side.

Has anyone got any pics of there strut brace fitted so i can get an idea of what to do? Do i have to grind away the random bolts then drill through the turret?

So yeah, any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Chris

fat mexican

are you on coilovers or normal suspension? coz you might have to lower the suspension if its on coilovers and then u have to drill holes in it to get em to match up and possilby a few more lil holes for the washer bottle thats how mine were but they have been taken off now

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Place strut brace on the strut tops, mark with a marker where the holes need to go

Pilot hole, then 'right' size hole for the bolts

You may need to drop the strut out a little to get access (10 mins a side) and fit proper nuts, bolts & washers from the underside. then cut down the 'extra' from the top side.

Don't use self tappers, do tidy up the holes you drill with paint, otherwise you're going to rot your car.

Oh, and don't fit, mark or drill with the car in the air... the chassis WILL bend, and your brace will either be fighting gravity, or will just shear the bolts

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
012-4.jpg

011-3.jpg

010-3.jpg

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
oh yeah sorry dude...ermm go on tinternet...type in tiki braunton...or surfed out braunton...give them a ring :) surfing aint my thing as its for homo's... :)