A move from the Dark Side

Ronseal

I'm looking to change my car, currently Mk1 cupra Tdi, and am warming to the new shape leon.

I had a test drive in a new Mk6 Golf Gti & was quite impressed, I think i'm missing the petrol buzz as that thing felt pretty quick. My mileage has dropped off from 16k to 12k pyr so not too bothered about slightly higher running costs.

Anyway, when did the new Seat leon have a facelift, how do I tell, or is it just the engine that ws changed as per the new golf??

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
I'm looking to change my car, currently Mk1 cupra Tdi, and am warming to the new shape leon.

I had a test drive in a new Mk6 Golf Gti & was quite impressed, I think i'm missing the petrol buzz as that thing felt pretty quick. My mileage has dropped off from 16k to 12k pyr so not too bothered about slightly higher running costs.

Anyway, when did the new Seat leon have a facelift, how do I tell, or is it just the engine that ws changed as per the new golf??

The Seat Leon had a facelift in May and arrived here in July so late 09 plate onwards.

The FL Leon has a new front bumper with wider central intake, rear glass covers the whole boot with no pillars. Smaller boot badge and rear lights. Engine in the FR was updated to the 211. Cupra engine I think was carried over unchanged but now says Cupra on the number plate and 3 distinctive ventilation holes just below the Grill.

An FL FR TDi (TFSi is exactly the same)

Leon.jpg

Ronseal

Thanks for that,

Had a look at an FR 59 plate at local dealers, and was a little disapointed with the interior.
The dash was plastic along with the door cards - my Mk1 has soft touch dash and semi cloth/plastic door cards.
Maybe its me, but I do prefer the Golf interior (yes I know they;re £4k more!)

The other thing i noticed was the front doors, didn;t like squared off window frame, not an issue when doors are shut but see it when you open them, I'm just being picky, maybe I should go for a testdrive...

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Cupra engine is slightly different face lift and pre face lift by the way.

2zeroalpha

Chippin at the chalkface
Feb 12, 2008
Yorkshire
Imho, the only reason to pay the premium for moving to a different part of the VAG stable is if you get something significant to show for it. By that I mean quattro or even better five cylinders, but let's not get carried away :)
I just cannot justify paying that much more for a better interior...

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.