A world first for an LCR splitter?

Leon.SJ

Naturally aspirated...
Oct 16, 2006
South Bucks.
A word of explanation first - my car is not a Cupra, indeed it doesn't have a turbo of any sort at all! As such, I'm reluctant to build a Cupra replica (bumpers/wheels/skirts etc) as all the Saxo/Corsa boys round here will want to race. But, like most of you guys, I am a petrolhead and want my car to stand out from the crowd. Not copying a Cupra leaves me with few options really, and I do want a more subtle look than those horrid ebay bodykits we've all seen! So having stuck an LCR splitter on the front a few months ago, I've been trying to think of something to finish off the rear bumper too, when I had a brain wave: another LCR splitter!

So I finally got round to getting another one this week, and fitted it today. Needless to say, it was a complete pain in the ar$e, and my hands are suitably damaged, but I think it was worth the effort. I'm not totally pleased with the side-on view, but from behind (the angle said Saxo/Corsa boys will be seeing!) it looks spot on. Let me know what you guys think, all comments appreciated.

And before you all say it, YES there will be some serious de-badging going on this weekend!! :D

CIMG3384Small.jpg

CIMG3382Small.jpg

Andy_1.8Se

Jul 15, 2007
sheffield
hi mate, it doesnt look that bad, but i'd not do it. But its your car and you can do what you want. if you like it then its ok. i've got an LCR front splitter but im keeping the back smooth.

I got sum lowering springs that other day and there gonna be fitted, well they were untill the clutch went! Seat wanted about £400 to fit one, and the cheapest price i got for having one fitted was £225 - screw that so ive bought one at £95 and me and my dad are gonna fit it. hopefully today cos i hate not having my car!

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
That's something that might need to be body coloured and wouldn't look so out of place if the bump strips were too - if you ask nicely someone might photoshop it for you - i think it looks ok as it is but would maybe look better if it was done as above :)

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
Less chance of catching it on the kerb i suppose, but still very wrong IMO.
But if your happy with it, then ignore my response ;)

Jay20VT

The 'R' In CupRa
Jul 23, 2004
N.London
:no:

this whole thing with spoilers and big bumpers is about gettin the car to have a lower profile, so it sits closer to the ground. I have an LCR, but if I had a Leon without bigger bumpers I would invest in some coilovers. That way the car will look lower and no no need for all this kind of going on.

Sorry mate, IMO not my cup of tea, take it off and get the car dropeed!! :rolleyes:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.