Accelerator pedal return spring???

sjgiddings

Hi all, I'm really hoping somone can help or point me in the right direction.

I've had my Leon FR TDi for a week now and I'm finding it really uncomfortable to drive.

Didn't notice on the test drive, but after a longer run my right leg aches! I've tried every seat position possible. I've come to the conclusion that if the accelerator pedal was more firmly sprung I would be able to relax my leg whilst driving.

I've searched and browsed the forums but couldn't find a similar topic.

The way I see it, there must be a spring of some sort that returns the pedal when I lift off, so if that could be replaced with a stronger spring I think my problem would be sorted.

Can I get at it easily myself? Anyone know of a good mechanic in the south-west that would be able to do this sort of thing as SEAT have told me it can't be done but I just find it hard to believe that a spring can't be replaced with a different one!

Apart from that I love the car and I hate the thought of having to trade it for the sake of a spring!

Cheers!
Simon.

sjgiddings

Hi Thanks for the reply... any idea what physically causes the pedal to rise back up when I lift my foot off? I just assumed it would be a spring of some sort...
Cheers

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
The pedal is a sealed unit, you could strip it down and find out how it works but i'd advise doing it to a spare one, they aint cheap.

sjgiddings

ok, fair enough, thanks again for the info :) any idea if the pedal units can be moved (e.g. to move the accelerator pedal further away from the driver's seat to give me more leg room? or indeed can the seats be unbolted and moved further back again to give more driver leg room?
Many thanks

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise