Accuracy of build estimates

nicolas12

Apr 18, 2015
Denmark, Jyllinge
Ordered the cupra St dsg on 15 March. They could not promise any delivery times in DK. The production week has still not been confirmed (5 weeks since order)
Ordered with panoramic roof, leather cabin, smal satnav, black edition.
The dealer guesstimate a delivery between 12-24 weeks, no promises.
My dealer informed me today that the scheduled build week is 21. (not locked)
Expected delivery mid June. Ordered in week 12.
Is MY16 configuration that suppose to be a global setup or country specific?

Kurtje

Mar 22, 2015
Beringen, Belgium
There are more differences between the MY16 6.5" standard navi and the 6.5" plus navi.

The high has a screen with a higher resolution, other software, HDD, ...

R19

Mar 8, 2015
Really? The info i read on a spanish forum (translated) said it was the nav high without the hdd. Although i could have read it wrong. I dont get why they would just literally upgrade the screen size .7" with no other advantages. I think this may be one for MY16 forum.

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
If and only if MY2016 effect uk, i thought it was build week 22 onwards. still nothing official.

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Spoke to my dealer last Thursday and told me there is no news yet on any 2016 MY changes for the UK.

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
Congrats dude, thats quick? it was in Barcelona less than 2 weeks ago wasn't it?
Any idea of a pick up date yet :)?

Yeah was only made on the 13th.
All going well within 2 weeks. But keen for me to have it before may of course.

But for you guys it means some more Leons must have come with mine on the boat........

Last edited:

ayster

Mar 4, 2015
Manchester, UK
How long does it take to produce a Leon? From the first thing to the last?

My Cupra has the in production status since previous week :(

I read somewhere (can't remember where now!) that it takes about 3 days to actually build the car, then they have a final inspection then goes to port to await transport.

Famandy1

Feb 20, 2015
North Yorkshire
My ST Cupra is built - yippee!!

My dealer has just informed me that my ST Cupra has been built, has left the factory and is on it's way!

So from placing the order on 26th Feb, the process has so far taken 8 weeks, when I was originally told delivery would take 6 months, because I had specified the standard titanium finish wheels, but the reality is, nothing could be further from the truth, so I am chuffed!

Think I might have a pint on the way home from work this evening!

Last edited:

Famandy1

Feb 20, 2015
North Yorkshire
Not sure Kurtje, seems very hit and miss - and yes I have the standard titanium finish 19" wheels, as was not willing to pay the £500 for the black pack so I had originally resigned myself to waiting 6 months, but now can't wait - haven't had a brand new car for over 20 years!

Last edited:

P0LKR

Nov 13, 2005
Newton Mortgage, Glasgow
My dealer has just informed me that my ST Cupra has been built, has left the factory and is on it's way!

So from placing the order on 26th Feb, the process has so far has taken 8 weeks, when I was originally told delivery would take 6 months, because I had specified the standard titanium finish wheels, but the reality is, nothing could be further from the truth, so I am chuffed!

Think I might have a pint on the way home from work this evening!

Mine is on its way here too. A bit miffed that I spent £500 on the black line pack when it obviously want necessary. Could have had a sunroof instead.

Famandy1

Feb 20, 2015
North Yorkshire
Mine is on its way here too. A bit miffed that I spent £500 on the black line pack when it obviously want necessary. Could have had a sunroof instead.

Yes strange one POLKR, can't get my head around it - perhaps we will get our ST Cupra's around the same time - not sure if anyone else on the forum has a ST Cupra yet - be interesting to compare notes with you in due course!

Last edited:

Kurtje

Mar 22, 2015
Beringen, Belgium
Not sure Kurtje, seems very hit and miss - and yes I have the standard titanium finish 19" wheels, as was not willing to pay the £500 for the black pack so I had originally resigned myself to waiting 6 months, but now can't wait - haven't had a brand new car for over 20 years!

I believe that you can't wait for it :)
Hope you have it soon!

I'll just have to wait longer... ;)

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members