Accuracy of build estimates

R19

Mar 8, 2015
Evening Gents,

I've just ordered my 5DR 280 DSG in Red with winter pack, sound pack and pan roof.

I've been given a 10week estimate, I'm just curious to the guys who are lucky enough to have one already, were your build estimates accurate ? I know it depends on a number of things... and will probably take longer, but as I'm sure you understand I'm already inpatient and desperate for hope!

Cheers :D

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Hi R19

Welcome to SCN.

I was told about 12 weeks (have ordered Pan Roof which extends delivery time apparently), if all goes to plan mine will be here in 10 weeks, so sounds about right.

-=Rob=-

Beer or Car?
Dec 14, 2002
South West
Visit site
Erm no... Was told 12-16 weeks and it took around 22 weeks! But I ordered middle of last year when build times were slow, by all accounts they are better now.

R19

Mar 8, 2015
Appreciate the replies..
Now to drag out the process of pre-reading the manuals and collecting paint care products. Im sure it will all be worth it when she's here :p

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
I have gone for red as well, I can thoroughly recommend Auto Finesse Tripple (polish and glaze) made my current red mk2 insanely bright. :)

Last edited:

Rayman

Jan 7, 2015
Ireland
Howdy r19

Congrats of the order! I have the sunroof as well and didn't seem to delay things.

I made the deal 19th of December but not sure if it was ordered until the first week of January. I was told middle of April first. At the end of January I was told March 18th and got it on the 6th of March!

Best thing to do is to forget about it. I went crazy for the first 4 weeks!

There was some talk on a shortage of alloys is another thread. I had the black pack option though.

Rayman

R19

Mar 8, 2015
I thought about the black pack, couldn't justify it though.
The dealer mentioned being able to track the ship and what not once its left the factory so that should make things a lot more.... painful ! thats just plain teasing !

Is yours nicely run in now then Rayman ?

yellowcone87

Mar 9, 2014
Warwickshire
I ordered my ST in Feb last year, and was told it would take 12 weeks. It actually took 17, and it didn't arrive til the summer. There seems to be a great deal of variation in the ordering process to be honest. Some are lucky and get them a lot sooner than expected, and a few have to wait a bit longer. The majority do seem to arrive pretty much around 10-12 weeks after theyre ordered, so you shouldnt have to wait too long.

Rayman

Jan 7, 2015
Ireland
It's almost there now. I've started to increase the max revs and need to plan where the next petrol station is each time I go out. She drinks the petrol! And that sound system will show up any rattles should any develop in the car that's for sure! The sub woofer is impressive! I tested it out with a chemical brothers album.
I've gotta part with mine tomorrow for a couple of days as its getting spoilt at the detailers.

:cry::cry:

Rayman

jimiC

Mar 3, 2015
South Derbyshire
my 5DR 280 DSG with roof, ACC, High Nav/Seat Sound and winter pack took 15 weeks from order placement in november to hand-over. i've read of someone else placing their order 8 weeks prior to me and their vehicle was still built the same week as mine, wk2 january

Last edited:

Rotrax

Jan 8, 2015
Aberdeenshire
Ordered my Red 280DSG SC with winter pack end of Dec was told mid March earliest.
March came was told could be April, emailed yesterday told I could have it on Mon 16th :funk:

So bang on what they predicted, last few days are gonna be tougher than the last 2 months :)

R19

Mar 8, 2015
jimiC - What swayed you to the nav high? i did seriously consider it, but couldnt justify it after having a play with the 'standard' system. Seems enough for me minus mirror link, which is hardly compatable with anything at the minute anyway !

So it seems its a mixed bag currently. Come overestimations some under. All in good fun once they arrive though [B)]

Now just the waiting game

jimiC

Mar 3, 2015
South Derbyshire
jimiC - What swayed you to the nav high?

id been following CarPlay and Ford's SYNC for quite a while so when the 280 had a MirrorLink option added a few weeks prior to ordering it got me looking at the Car Connectivity Consortium's hopes and plans.

now it may all be hype and i've been sucked in but id already planned to add SEAT Sound regardless before i was even aware of Nav High and Seat chose to include it with the package. it therefore worked out around £500 for a marginally bigger, higher res display with snappier UI, DVD, improved connectivity, WLAN and MirrorLink. considering it cost £320 to add sat nav, basically a removable TomTom without the wires, to my last (different branded) car, 500 didn't feel too excessive and i spend a lot of hours sat inside the car so more toys is always better :)

at the moment the list of compatible devices is pretty poor but the recent news of Samsung's tie-in and that the S6 will be compatible can only be a good thing. im not a Samsung fanboy, far from it, but it makes for a promising partnership - i just hope their technology doesn't listen in on any private conversations lol

i posted a reply in the Nav Update thread.
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showpost.php?p=4542282&postcount=225

Last edited:

R19

Mar 8, 2015
Well, my curiosity got the better of me and i give Seat a ring on Friday to get more info r.e a build estimate. Somebodies got back to me this morning and said there is no build date as of yet but the expected lead time is 25WEEKS! Baring in mind im in week 3 of my order so far so that takes a completed build period to 28weeks. Plus the time it will take to get it into the UK and registered bla bla bla I will be well in to the 65plate season. Great difference to what the dealer told me (9weeks). I have read some bits on here regarding shortage of alloys etc but that time does seem a bit steep to me.

They mentioned it can be tracked via their website ?? Does anybody have a link to where this is as i can't seem to find any tracking function anywhere ??

Cheers guys

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Well, my curiosity got the better of me and i give Seat a ring on Friday to get more info r.e a build estimate. Somebodies got back to me this morning and said there is no build date as of yet but the expected lead time is 25WEEKS! Baring in mind im in week 3 of my order so far so that takes a completed build period to 28weeks. Plus the time it will take to get it into the UK and registered bla bla bla I will be well in to the 65plate season. Great difference to what the dealer told me (9weeks). I have read some bits on here regarding shortage of alloys etc but that time does seem a bit steep to me.

They mentioned it can be tracked via their website ?? Does anybody have a link to where this is as i can't seem to find any tracking function anywhere ??

Cheers guys

Thats insanely long, mine has been delayed too - i havent been given an expected date - should have been last week which was 12weeks.

I am sure the guys that ordered the Cupra early on were tracking their orders but i dont know how. Not sure how good it is though as according to the dealer mine was tracked to be here last week and now who knows :confused:

Famandy1

Feb 20, 2015
North Yorkshire
Build Week

I placed my order on 26th Feb for ST Cupra DSG with most of the extras incl pan roof, but on std wheels.

Have been advised that order has been accepted by the factory, but no build date as such. Does anyone recall at what stage they were advised of a build date?

I was also told when initially placing the order that a 25 week wait was likely due to the shortage of std finish 19" alloys and not been advised anything to the contrary in the meantime.

Mind you this then gives me time to sell my Audi A3 privately and hopefully get the best price.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members