Accuracy of build estimates

P0LKR

Nov 13, 2005
Newton Mortgage, Glasgow
Well, my curiosity got the better of me and i give Seat a ring on Friday to get more info r.e a build estimate. Somebodies got back to me this morning and said there is no build date as of yet but the expected lead time is 25WEEKS! Baring in mind im in week 3 of my order so far so that takes a completed build period to 28weeks. Plus the time it will take to get it into the UK and registered bla bla bla I will be well in to the 65plate season. Great difference to what the dealer told me (9weeks). I have read some bits on here regarding shortage of alloys etc but that time does seem a bit steep to me.

They mentioned it can be tracked via their website ?? Does anybody have a link to where this is as i can't seem to find any tracking function anywhere ??

Cheers guys

I was quoted 6 months on standard wheels. 3 months on other wheel options.

Mine is scheduled to be built mid April. Delivery May,,

ayster

Mar 4, 2015
Manchester, UK
Oo, I hope mine isn't delayed that long, going crazy as it is, ordered on 3rd march and was told 10-12 weeks, my order has a delivery date of the 10th may which I'm assuming is an estimate. Must email the dealer and find out!

ayster

Mar 4, 2015
Manchester, UK
They mentioned it can be tracked via their website ?? Does anybody have a link to where this is as i can't seem to find any tracking function anywhere ??

Cheers guys

theres a tracker on the VW site, but not seen one on Seat's site.
vw uk site/owners/track-my-order (sorry can't post a proper url yet!)
Tried all the numbers on my order form but none work!

Last edited:

R19

Mar 8, 2015
It seems that people are getting mixed messages. I wonder if different dealers are getting different infomation? I would of really done things differently if i had known it was going to be 6months. There must be more to it than just a lack of alloys ? There doesn't seem to be much understanding regarding the tracking function either, she 100% said me (the customer) can track it online. I have found the VAG portal where the dealers log on but nothing for the end user..... :(

StylancePaul

CUPRA Owner
May 31, 2006
Cambridge, UK
I was told that the non-standard wheels would make it 10-12 weeks, hence why I ordered the car with the Black Line (and I really like the side spoilers on the rear of the car)

It does seem a bit odd that there is such variation in the build estimates, my dealer said they should know what build week it will be at some point this week. Fingers crossed.

ayster

Mar 4, 2015
Manchester, UK
It seems that people are getting mixed messages. I wonder if different dealers are getting different infomation? I would of really done things differently if i had known it was going to be 6months. There must be more to it than just a lack of alloys ? There doesn't seem to be much understanding regarding the tracking function either, she 100% said me (the customer) can track it online. I have found the VAG portal where the dealers log on but nothing for the end user..... :(

Did they say why it was delayed? (Alloys, pan roof etc) Mines just a standard tech pack FR in terms of external bits but have convenience + winter packs and Alcantara added.

Kurtje

Mar 22, 2015
Beringen, Belgium
Ordered my 5dr Cupra 280 (grey, navi high, bucket seats) on the 21st of februari. According to the dealer delivery would be in June

I did send him an email this morning to ask for the production date, still waiting for the answer...

ayster

Mar 4, 2015
Manchester, UK
This is what I got from my dealer last week..
"I can also confirm that your car has already been ordered. In terms of a delivery date it is un easy to say as SEAT have only just confirmed the order at their end at this stage and is awaiting a build week, we estimate that cars will take between 12-14 weeks from order but we will stay in touch with you at least once a week with a progress report for you."
Will wait to see if I get my weekly report, so far haven't had one!

jimiC

Mar 3, 2015
South Derbyshire
Have been advised that order has been accepted by the factory, but no build date as such. Does anyone recall at what stage they were advised of a build date?

when i placed my order middle of november i was told in under two weeks and had weekly phone calls from the dealer through the whole process (apart from over xmas.) however the actual build date was brought forward two weeks and the car arrived at the dealers equally earlier. if i hadn't been holding out for a March 1st collection it would've been a 12 week experience.

PS. Andy, RE your PM, i need to compile some info before i reply.

Last edited:

StylancePaul

CUPRA Owner
May 31, 2006
Cambridge, UK
I've actually just got an email from SEAT UK, looks like a pretty standard type email telling me that "You'll soon be able to pick up your brand new car."

If its going to be a long time to wait, seems a little unfair to send me an email stating that. Anyone else know if there is a specific T minus week that they have received this mail?

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
I've actually just got an email from SEAT UK, looks like a pretty standard type email telling me that "You'll soon be able to pick up your brand new car."

If its going to be a long time to wait, seems a little unfair to send me an email stating that. Anyone else know if there is a specific T minus week that they have received this mail?

I would hope that means it is built and awaiting transport to the UK

R19

Mar 8, 2015

Was the subject field 'Thanks for choosing Seat..' First thing you see is a picture of a cupra saying 'its great to meet you'? I got that email last week. I think its just a pitch to sell the insurance which is at the bottom. But doesnt mean your car has been built.

ayster

Mar 4, 2015
Manchester, UK
Was the subject field 'Thanks for choosing Seat..' First thing you see is a picture of a cupra saying 'its great to meet you'? I got that email last week. I think its just a pitch to sell the insurance which is at the bottom. But doesnt mean your car has been built.

I got that one myself about 10 days ago, the car had been on order about 2 weeks prior to me getting that email.

Last edited:

R19

Mar 8, 2015
Ok so ive just spoken to my dealer. Hes logged onto the system and the lead time for a cupra still stands at 9weeks. HOWEVER there is currently a 16week delay for the standard 19" alloys. Hence the 25week stance by seat. Only other option = black, orange or white back obviously with the extra 500£ cost. I think the residuals for people with these packs will be dramatically reducing at the minute as the dealer said with the 16week delay on standards.. More and more are going for the packs. Interesting stuff, i think ill bite the bullet and wait !

cbcdesign

Feb 5, 2015
I ordered my ST at the end of January for delivery on the 7th of May and having read this thread, contacted my dealer to find out what was happening. Delighted to hear that my car has already been made so delivery for the 7th is definitely on.

P0LKR

Nov 13, 2005
Newton Mortgage, Glasgow
Ok so ive just spoken to my dealer. Hes logged onto the system and the lead time for a cupra still stands at 9weeks. HOWEVER there is currently a 16week delay for the standard 19" alloys. Hence the 25week stance by seat. Only other option = black, orange or white back obviously with the extra 500£ cost. I think the residuals for people with these packs will be dramatically reducing at the minute as the dealer said with the 16week delay on standards.. More and more are going for the packs. Interesting stuff, i think ill bite the bullet and wait !

Mine is on a business lease. Residuals weren't important to me. I just wanted my car.:D

The pack cost me £10 + vat extra a month. Half of the VAT is reclaimable so £11 a month

Last edited:

pvm1234567890

Mar 10, 2015
Meath, Ireland
I ordered an ST FR early February, and was given a lead time of 16 weeks, bringing us to the end of May. Having just rung today, I was told that my car has exited production and is waiting for the boat on April 10th. Will be in Ireland on April 20th, and I will have before the end of that week.

So, they knocked 6 weeks off the build time ... happy days!:D

P0LKR

Nov 13, 2005
Newton Mortgage, Glasgow
I ordered an ST FR early February, and was given a lead time of 16 weeks, bringing us to the end of May. Having just rung today, I was told that my car has exited production and is waiting for the boat on April 10th. Will be in Ireland on April 20th, and I will have before the end of that week.

So, they knocked 6 weeks off the build time ... happy days!:D

My cupra st is going to miss that boat. It's due to be built 3 rd week in April. I ordered mine on 21st feb

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.