actuator bolts fell out help

gazcuprablk

my 300+ death box :)
Mar 31, 2006
south wales
im after some help if possible i was on my way home from work the other day and noticed my car sounded like a rally car coming off boost much louder than before and put my foot down and it boosted much more than before so i knew something was up so had a look at it and the bolts (the 6 allen key bolts at the top) fell out of the actuator!!! so i have fitted new ones in but now it feels a little slugish so im guessing a)either ive lost something elso out of the actuator or b)when the bolts came out the rod has adjusted itself in and needs to be reset to its old mark,

but the thing is i dont know where the old mark is or how to get it right as ive heard if its not done right my turbo will soon die, does any1 have any know how on this as i am loosing the love for the car 1 thing after another,

the car is a seat ibiza cupra and has a gt28rs on it

cheers gaz

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
forge actuator it sounds like
should be a diaphragm and spring in there also

forge should have spares for these if you bell them

gazcuprablk

Mar 31, 2006
south wales
ok thanks bill i did ring them earlier and asked but i still have the spring and a rubber there which is attached to the rod theyre going to send me a pic of what goes inside the actuator so ill know if ive lost anything else and if i have it aint much so not to bothered.

how do i adjust the rod back to where it was? as im sure because its come loose its probably done a turn or 2 around on the adjuster so it has moved and possibly not opening the butterfly valve on the turbo enough or its opening it 2 far.

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
I'll give you a hand to set it up mate. No science involved. Just make sure you have the 6 allen key screws to hand and any keys needed. I've stripped myown forge actuator down a few times so no mysteries there.

gazcuprablk

Mar 31, 2006
south wales
ah great stuff m8 what parts come inside the actuator m8? i have the rod, spring and both sides to the actuator top with 'forge' on it and a bit of rubber inside that fits ontop of the spring but dont know if when the bolts came out that i lost something else out of there, if you could tell me what bits come in m8 that would be awesome so i know if ive lost anything or isis just a case of sorting the actuator rod out so it sits nice as its playing up a bit with the n75 valve i think and gettin random boosting issues.

are you off to the rolling road at got boost on sunday atall m8?

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
ah great stuff m8 what parts come inside the actuator m8? i have the rod, spring and both sides to the actuator top with 'forge' on it and a bit of rubber inside that fits ontop of the spring but dont know if when the bolts came out that i lost something else out of there, if you could tell me what bits come in m8 that would be awesome so i know if ive lost anything or isis just a case of sorting the actuator rod out so it sits nice as its playing up a bit with the n75 valve i think and gettin random boosting issues.

are you off to the rolling road at got boost on sunday atall m8?

I'll be there on sunday mate.;)
seems like you have all the bits. Slide the rod through the spring, slide the blue plastic bit onto the rod up to the spring. (make sure the spring is the correct way around using the top of the rod and the blue plastic retainer as spring size gauge).Slide this assembly into the lower actuator housing, place the black plastic diaphram on top of rod assembly lineing up the fixing holes and place the top half of the actuator housing in position. Using the hex key screws, secure both sides of the actuator together. Slide the rod through the wastegate arm and refix the actuator to the turbo. Push the wastegate arm up the actuator rod and tighten nuts to take up this slack tension only, then preload the actuator with a further 1 complete turn of the actuator rod nut. There should be no play in the wastegate now but when pushed away from the turbo there should be plenty of travel in the wastegate assembly. I'll pressure test it for you on Sunday.

gazcuprablk

Mar 31, 2006
south wales
ah ok m8 cheers for that ill see you tomorow then m8 ill be drivin the car down an it only takes 2 secs to whip it off ill let you have a look then,

also when the bolts came out only the top came off the spring never came out as it was still conected to the rod so im guessing i just lost the bolts but if you look through the spring there's more threads under there so only these need adjusting most prob as theyve prob wound out a few turns.

cheers m8 ill see ya tomorrow :D

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.