Adjustable droplink problem

pauldredge

Oct 4, 2009
Right I've got adjustable tie bars on the car but it seems the anti roll bar seems to close to the drive shaft where ever it sits. Where should I adjust it to. More it's adjusted the closer the tie bar sits to the drive shaft. At a garae now so need quick reply please people.

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
he means droplinks, this is the guy who lowered his car on coilovers i think... think it was a lc 180 iirc

are the arb droplinks the right way round... should be pushing the arb away from the driveshaft...

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
they should only fit 1 way, with the piece that faces inwards going onto the wishbone....

iirs adamcupra had issues with his adjustable links and ended up chopping them

pauldredge

Oct 4, 2009
Well when it pushes the roll bar away the drop link gets closer to the drive shaft so that would rub.

When you say chopping them what so you mean?

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
the droplink wont rub on the driveshaft......

search adamcupras thread on the droplinks

tbh mate, i said in your other thread just raise the car a bit, saves all this faffing around tbh

pauldredge

Oct 4, 2009
When I mean the further away yu push the arb the part it joins the drop link gets closer and will cause rubbing.

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Who said get adjustable droplinks?

There worse than strandard droplinks on a standard ARB as there bigger at there smallest adjustment......they need to be smaller.

All they do is push the bottom of the standard ARB closer to the shaft.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.