Advice on modifications?

craighab

Hi

I've just joined the web site. I drive a leon cupra 1.8 20v t. I have not done much to my car really but i am wanting to in the near future. So far i have had a boost gauge and volt meter fitted to the driver side coloum, i have just fitted a forge split r dumpvalve last week, i am also in the proccess of getting my front bumper cut out for a fmic, which sould be cut out and fitted shortly. once that was done i was not quite sure what to do next, one of my pals told me to get a revo remap done!! is this correct or do you have any other advice

thanks
craig

dav3

devilishd4ve xbox tag
Mar 29, 2007
Essex
Before you remap the car smooth and drill the airbox and fit a performance pannel filter, change the tip as they can collapse when running higher boost, also uprate the exhaust system.

smithygcupra

Cymru am Byth
May 25, 2008
Newport
depends what kinda power your looking to get to be honest mate....cuz you wont get more than 240ish bhp with the standard turbo...

Cootey

well mate ive got a Leon Cupra T 03 Mk1 and it was rolling roaded yesterday at 246bhp. All i have done is Bailey DV, full Miltek exhaust system with sports cat, K&N air filter and a Jabbasport stage 2 re-map.
Before you mess around with anything else get yourself an exhaust system with sports cat then your have no problem pushing 240 bhp in the future

craighab

Thanks for the advice!! I guess the best thing for es to do is to get a full through exhaust with sports cat!! What extra BHP do u get from a jabbasport remap n what sort of cost am i looking at??

Cootey

have a look on there page, you can just get a stage 1 re-map and you won't need to do anything else or if you want more bhp then get the exhaust and sports cat which means you can go for a stage 2. My leon is 66more bhp than standard now along with it being more torque
There contact details are on this site ,give them a call

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
well mate ive got a Leon Cupra T 03 Mk1 and it was rolling roaded yesterday at 246bhp. All i have done is Bailey DV, full Miltek exhaust system with sports cat, K&N air filter and a Jabbasport stage 2 re-map.
Before you mess around with anything else get yourself an exhaust system with sports cat then your have no problem pushing 240 bhp in the future

excellent advice. similar mods got me 242bhp.

craighab

thanks for the advice?? would u recommend replacing the pannel filter with a uprated on or fitting a kn air filter or does it not make a difference??

jamiebennett81

I'm abit confused mate... I thought the early Leons (like mine) had the KO3 turbo which can only really provide 225hp max with mods such as uprated exhaust and intake?

he has a 2003 plate, which has the k03s

the 2000 leons had the k03 fitted, and then 2001+ had the k03s fitted I believe

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
I'm abit confused mate... I thought the early Leons (like mine) had the KO3 turbo which can only really provide 225hp max with mods such as uprated exhaust and intake?

as jamie and andy said mate.
i think mine may have been one of the first as a jan01 car. jabba actually thought it was a press car.

having said that ive heard of some 2000 fitted with an auq engine... so i imagine the date varies.
there were other changes i think too. VVT? DBW? although not sure on these. proberly implimented before 2000:shrug:

craighab

Just a question regarding the turbos......

I have a 51 plate leon cupra 20vt and my mate has the same on a y reg...

We both have the same things fitted but his boost gauge shows 10psi and mine shows between 8 and 9 psi when u give it some.... is this because we have different turbos or do i have a problem???

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
Just a question regarding the turbos......

I have a 51 plate leon cupra 20vt and my mate has the same on a y reg...

We both have the same things fitted but his boost gauge shows 10psi and mine shows between 8 and 9 psi when u give it some.... is this because we have different turbos or do i have a problem???

i think you both have the same tubby. mines an x plate. get him to check his engine code...afaik if its an auq engine its a ko3s turbo.

you could have a slight boost leak but unless something feels wrong id say it was the gauges themselves.

i cant remember but 8-9psi sounds about right for a stock car.

craighab

i thought it could have been me old dump valve but when i changed it to the forge split r it made the car more responsive but did not put me boost up...

jamiebennett81

i thought it could have been me old dump valve but when i changed it to the forge split r it made the car more responsive but did not put me boost up...

if its only 1psi difference, it could be the accuracy of the boost gauge

does he run a different boost gauge? if it feels fine, then it may just be this

craighab

if its only 1psi difference, it could be the accuracy of the boost gauge

does he run a different boost gauge? if it feels fine, then it may just be this

yeah he runs the same boost gauge as me irs the auto gauge's we use.... Thabks for the advice

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.