ADVICE Seat Leon FR Wind Deflectors

campbell_p30

Feb 20, 2003
Belfast
Visit site
Have just received my Team Heko through the post.
Can anyone who has these tell me if theirs are dark smoke/brown colour as in the pictures they all look black.
I can't see a colour option anywhere on their site so it may just look black when fitted.

S2TTB

The fake K1...
Apr 28, 2008
Glesga
Have just received my Team Heko through the post.
Can anyone who has these tell me if theirs are dark smoke/brown colour as in the pictures they all look black.
I can't see a colour option anywhere on their site so it may just look black when fitted.

They are a dark tinted colour... u can see thru them but they are dark.. not completely solid black tho. if that makes sense:)

FR_Flavoured

They are a dark tinted colour... u can see thru them but they are dark.. not completely solid black tho. if that makes sense:)

S2TTB - I think Campbell is concerned as his are a tinted browny colour (not a blacker tint, as per the Advertisment)??

For what its worth - I've now ordered mine too - looking forward to being disappointed. :D
Whats the preference, just fitting the Fronts or front + back?

campbell_p30

Feb 20, 2003
Belfast
Visit site
I have just bought the genuine heko deflectors (with dark brown smoked tint with light grey logo embedded in the plastic)
I'm concerned that the ones fitted with white writing (that can be rubbed or scraped off ) are the better looking black tinted ones!!

FR_Flavoured

You bought yours off that EBay auction, at the top of this Thread?
I made a purchase today of these as well.

Im confused, as the auction looks to have White writing on them, and being Black dark deflectors.
So the set you have dont have white writing, its actually Grey, and a Brown tint, not Black?
Thats not how the items in the auction look = White writing, and a dark black tint.

Perhaps take it up with the EBay seller, and see what he has to say?

S2TTB - Can you please let us know what colour the writing is on yours please, also does the tint look smoked black, or more a brown colour too!?? As you also bought yours off this seller. Yours look GREAT by the way.

I will definately follow this up with the seller if it turns out otherwise. :rolleyes:

campbell_p30

Feb 20, 2003
Belfast
Visit site
I

Im confused, as the auction looks to have White writing on them, and being Black dark deflectors.
So the set you have dont have white writing, its actually Grey, and a Brown tint, not Black?
Thats not how the items in the auction look = White writing, and a dark black tint.

S2TTB - Can you please let us know what colour the writing is on yours please, also does the tint look smoked black, or more a brown colour too!?? As you also bought yours off this seller. Yours look GREAT by the way.

I will definately follow this up with the seller if it turns out otherwise. :rolleyes:

I bought from this UK seller on ebay as they are genuine heko deflectors. Unfortunately I may have been better buying the fakes!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SEAT-LEON-5D-...arParts_SM?hash=item563aa37609#ht_2102wt_1051

campbell_p30

Feb 20, 2003
Belfast
Visit site
I have just bought the genuine heko deflectors (with dark brown smoked tint with light grey logo embedded in the plastic)
I'm concerned that the ones fitted with white writing (that can be rubbed or scraped off ) are the better looking black tinted ones!!

UPDATE:
I was home early today so took the deflectors out to the car. In daylight the brown tint was not as noticeable so I took one out of the sealed plastic packet - it now looked black!!:whistle:

Sorry for alarming anyone with my story of brown deflectors:doh:

To compensate I took a few pictures for those needing more close-ups.:)

Haven't put the rears on yet as one was faulty - sending back for a replacement.

Winddeflectors019.jpg

Winddeflectors018.jpg

Winddeflectors017.jpg

Winddeflectors016.jpg

Winddeflectors015.jpg

pato

hi campbell p30 sorry to be a pain but are the ones in the pics the ones from the ebay link you posted at £26 ???
are they easy to fit ?

cheers mate
ps
liking your car mate its just how i want mine

campbell_p30

Feb 20, 2003
Belfast
Visit site
hi campbell p30 sorry to be a pain but are the ones in the pics the ones from the ebay link you posted at £26 ???
are they easy to fit ?

cheers mate
ps
liking your car mate its just how i want mine

Yes £26.79 - from seller 'hightechpl' - ordered late on Monday and arrived on Thursday (delivery probably delayed due to no delivery on Wednesday (St Patricks day here!))

Easy to fit -
1. clean the groove where the window slots in behind the rubber - very dirty as never gets washed unless you are an obsessive clean freak!
2. peel off the 2-3 small adhesive strips
3. put front corner into window groove (beside wing mirror) first and follow the groove around
4. once you get to the top, flex the deflector to get the other end in
5. push the rest up into groove as far as it will go and I sqeezed where the tape was to get a good grip on the rubber
6. Wind window up
7. Rears same idea only with the addition of a 'U' clip at the front edge. The deflector goes between rubber and outside of the clip with the window going up the middle - slightly fiddly but actually harder to describe than do!
8. Again wind window up which will fully seat in the clip.

Hope that help

Paul

S2TTB

The fake K1...
Apr 28, 2008
Glesga

Mine are exact same as the ones above ! black, no brown.... only jap imports seem to come with those stinking brown coloured ones.:)

FR_Flavoured

if you dont fit them correctly with the metal clips perhaps :p

Saying this, there was only 2 clips in the pack that I got ??
So I used 1 for each front Deflector, at the front of the window frame (where illustrated).

For the rear Deflectors, I havent used any clips. But once you close the Window, they seem to lock in place nicely.

Can I ask those using these - Do you also have the REAR window deflectors fitted too?
I fitted both front and rear. But the Rear items make the rear window look more "square" due to the shape of the deflector in the frame - it tricks the eye, and loses that curved look to the rear windows.

Suppose its down to personal preference though, but with front & back fitted, it looks a complete setup.

campbell_p30

Feb 20, 2003
Belfast
Visit site
As far as I am aware no clips are needed on the front pair.
From the instructions one clip is used on each rear. This is fitted at the about 1" from the door hinge end.

I have all 4 fitted at the moment and think it adds to the look of the car.

Scotty2hotty

The futures bright...
Mar 30, 2010
Newcastle
Just fitted my Heko 4 piece wind deflector set for the mk2 leon. :clap:

My set came with 6 clips in total, with instructions to fit one on each of the front 2 deflectors, and 2 per rear deflectors. Best to use them as they add a little more rigidity and peace of mind of course ;)

They look the part, work really well.

White_Lady_170

Dirty Derv
Jan 20, 2009
N. Ireland
My rear ones are a right pain! came down a couple of times with the window... used extra sticky trim repair tape on them which works well but i messed one up and you can see the tape but the thing wont budge now for me to fix it lol

S2TTB

The fake K1...
Apr 28, 2008
Glesga
My rear ones are a right pain! came down a couple of times with the window... used extra sticky trim repair tape on them which works well but i messed one up and you can see the tape but the thing wont budge now for me to fix it lol

u need at least one clip on the rears to stop this bud.

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
I think I need to invest in some front ones. Sick of driving away from work in the morning with rain or condensation on the windows, opening them to clear up and the water flying in. It's worse than the Ibiza was!

Scotty2hotty

The futures bright...
Mar 30, 2010
Newcastle
Get the Team Heko 4 piece set...looks way better having all 4 on. Only £35 including postage on eBay...just search leon wind deflectors...make sure the set is for 05 - onwards. Work really well

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.