Aero Wiper Windcreen Contact Problem/Lack Of Rain Clearage.

AmanParhar

Leon 1.8 20v
Sep 19, 2007
Hi, i've just fitted the VW Aero Conversion wipers for my Leon, great product; I can actually see in the rain!

However I've noticed during the recent spout of rain that the passenger side aero wiper doesn't make contact with the windscreen at the edge (towards the doors). The consequence of this is that it doesn't clear about 3/4cm of the windscreen and leaves this much rain on the windscreen. Does anyone know how to overcome this? Does anyone have the same problem?

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
Is it doing this because the wiper blade is too long?

If so you can either cut the wiper blade down, which you will then need to do every time you get new wipers.

Or you can adjust the arm slightly so it sits higher up the window and doesn't foul the trim at the side of the window.

Rick 01

LCR
May 14, 2006
Yorkshire
Yeah, I have the same problem with the passenger side wiper.

Don't know how to solve it.

I noticed that at higher speeds, say 50 mph and above, the wiper is pinned to the windscreen. So it isn't such an issue as 95% of my miles are done on the motorway. Below that speed though it doesn't wipe too well at the edge.

I've notice my mates A4 has OEM aero wipers that run right to the edge of the windscreen and they contact the glass all along the length of the blade.

I don't think A4 wipers fit a Leon unfortunately.

Does anybody have a Mk 1 Leon with aerowipers that doesn't have this problem, and where did you get them/what are they?

AmanParhar

Leon 1.8 20v
Sep 19, 2007
I don't think length is the issue; yes it does foul the trim but when I hold the trim back it still doesn't make contact with the windscreen. It seems to be at an incorrect angle to the windscreen at the edges any suggestions? also how do you raise the arm? I will try the above 50mph theory out tomorrow Rick 01. Olaf these are aero conversion kits, so non aero arm with aero wiper thats why you don't have this problem.

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
Just place the arm onto the spindle so it's a bit higher up, if that makes any sense? At a greater angle to the horizontal than you currently have it. Its probably explained better on Pabs guide!

Ahhh! That might be the difference then. Sure I have aero arms aswell as aero wipers. How much was your kit out of interest?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.