After 11 years its Goodbye from me!

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
After 11 years or 4035 days of SEAT ownership, today I am on the train home without any keys to a SEAT.

E5aK1AHl.jpg

A few of the old timers on here will remember when I arrived in 2007 as a 18 year old car enthusiast who couldn't afford the insurance on a MK4 Ibiza FR TDI so settled for a 1.4 TDI instead! Followed by a MK2 Leon FR TDI and then MK2 Leon Cupra R, all of which were modified of course!

lots of car shows such as GTI International, Edition 38, Spring Fest and even the European SEAT meet in Germany last year. Trips away with SEAT Sport to Spa Francorchamps and Nurburgring, Trips with SEAT to Barcelona and trips with SEAT Motorsport Italia to Mugello.

A few months ago decided that the hot hatch scene wasn't for me anymore, at the ripe old age of 29! Nothing wrong with the brand as such but feel that the lease market has really killed it for enthusiasts, started looking for brands where enthusiasts still buy cars rather than leasing them.

Not going to bore you with loads of photos of cars so will just post this collage of the 4 I've owned in the 11 years.

BXb7l99l.jpg

Hope who ever gets my Cupra 420 (its for sale now with RevitupUK) looks after it. I will probably stick around on here for a while if only to post pictures of my new car (SEAT's parent from Stuggart)

AndrewJB

Last edited:

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
What have you opted to change to if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Deleted member 103408

following @Hurdy to the vw camp. you will be missed enjoy the new sensible motor and i expect the first map is not far away

Deleted member 103408

I am guessing Porche as they own VW (well the family do anyway)

Deleted member 103408

Andrew, I know you lived in the MK Area, member on here is having big issue with his local garage who did you use to look after yours.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.