After 11 years its Goodbye from me!

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Cayman is a cracking car. If they’d fitted a proper LSD, it would arguably be better than the 911.

Was lucky enough to drive my neighbours Cayman S a few times whilst he was away. It was the closest thing I’ve driven that gave the steering feel of my MINI but also still be really comfortable.

Enjoy!

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Picked her up yesterday, spent the day at Millbrook today with Hyundai UK thrashing the i30N

IMaVaQ1m.jpg

M5ikT2Ym.jpg

So yeh it is slower than the Cupra, but it puts the power down a lot better and therefore doesn't seem much slower, especially as its a lot louder! absolutely brutal in Sport+ mode with the exhaust flaps open.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Picked her up yesterday, spent the day at Millbrook today with Hyundai UK thrashing the i30N

IMaVaQ1m.jpg

M5ikT2Ym.jpg

So yeh it is slower than the Cupra, but it puts the power down a lot better and therefore doesn't seem much slower, especially as its a lot louder! absolutely brutal in Sport+ mode with the exhaust flaps open.

Lovely looking motor. Hope you have lots of fun with it, which I’m sure from your other posts you will!!

On another note, how do get the days out with Seat and Hyundai etc?

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I know a lot of the SEAT UK, SEAT Sport and SEAT Motorsport Italia guys, Hyundai was just because I asked them some questions a few months ago.

Huffcap

Sep 16, 2015
Oxfordshire
Hi Andrew
I've got a similar speced 2015 Cupra ST with most of your mod trimmings (around 400) etc. What's its like to sell? Did you put it back to Stock or sell as it is? Did they give you a better deal or less cos it's modded? I've got no idea how much you lose or gain by selling/exchanging for a new car when modified.
Nice new Cayman by the way ...enjoy
Huffcap

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Hi Andrew
I've got a similar speced 2015 Cupra ST with most of your mod trimmings (around 400) etc. What's its like to sell? Did you put it back to Stock or sell as it is? Did they give you a better deal or less cos it's modded? I've got no idea how much you lose or gain by selling/exchanging for a new car when modified.
Nice new Cayman by the way ...enjoy
Huffcap

It's very hard to sell private because at that price point most people want finance, SEAT dealerships will want it put back to stock.

Huffcap

Sep 16, 2015
Oxfordshire
It's very hard to sell private because at that price point most people want finance, SEAT dealerships will want it put back to stock.

Thanks Andrew for the reply
But what did you do?
Putting back to stock is easy with ECU
Changes, but when it comes to exhausts, intercooler and clutch upgrades, not so easy me thinks
Cheers
Huffcap

Huffcap

Sep 16, 2015
Oxfordshire

Huffcap

Sep 16, 2015
Oxfordshire
Hi Andrew
Do you recommend selling through Revitupuk, if you have a modified car?
I live down South, so not sure if they have any outlets this way!
Cheers Huffcap

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.