After 9 weeks of my MK5........

VRSLOZ

Formally SC16v
May 1, 2010
Costa Del Hertfordshire
.....I've got my first flipping scratch, oh and a lovely dent to go along with it. Can only think it happened when I was out getting lunch yesterday at Tescos or Sainsburys. Feel gutted, I know these things happen to all of us at some point but why can't people be a bit more friggin careful [:@]

Spurt

Seat Bocanegra
Apr 23, 2010
Slough
I ****ing hate ppl like that i hate parking in car parks too. Had a moment yesterday where someone parked right next to me out of 400 free spaces then boom a kid jumps out i was like o ffs. Luckily no dent but i kwickly moved my car inbetween two workmates lol.

Araf

Jun 28, 2010
West Yorkshire
I know its a bit naughty, but i keep a small booster seat in the back if my car, so when i go to tescos i park in the parent & toddler spaces. Then move the booster seat to the front seat:D

VRSLOZ

Formally SC16v
May 1, 2010
Costa Del Hertfordshire
I know it's too much to ask for every car to be in perfect condition but I've kept mine spotless since I got it and now feel like I can't be bothered to even clean it. Will be speaking with the dealers next week see what the damage to get the..........er.............damage repaired is

Spurt

Seat Bocanegra
Apr 23, 2010
Slough
I know it's too much to ask for every car to be in perfect condition but I've kept mine spotless since I got it and now feel like I can't be bothered to even clean it. Will be speaking with the dealers next week see what the damage to get the..........er.............damage repaired is

Same feeling as me.

Dec 3, 2009
I hate those people who leave their trolleys out and then the wind blows it towards your car (¬_¬)...

I had a dent on my side sill 3 days after i got it.... got it fixed tho.

Sep 29, 2009
norwich
Baby seat what a great idea, how about a disabled badge been very tempted as my mums badge stays in my car, but when I take her shopping it makes me mad if people park in the disabled sports and no badges on display, think I will get a baby seat (not really) sorry about you car some people dont give a s...

Sinan

Toronegra!
Dec 1, 2009
Turkey - Izmir
www.vagturk.net
sorry to hear that mate, at least yours just a scratch..

here is mine :
220620103749691230.jpg

whole part replaced..

Last edited:

gillian & james

Feb 28, 2010
Absolutely gutted for you mate. Its so annoying. A bloke once did it to my 2 week old Impreza, and lets just say his car was worse than mine when I left the car park! lol.

Don't lose faith in the car though mate, most cars will have far worse, and it'll only stand-out to you because you know its there.

Louie089

Mar 8, 2010
Birmingham
I wouldnt wory about it fella, bought my Mk5 FR on the Monday... some bird drove into my rear on the Friday, scratched my rear right wheel arch and pulled out the bumper by about 2mm.

S**t happens, just not worth getting worked up over.

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Not dents, more like wierd scratches which seem to be imbedded in the paint. Tried polishing them out but to no avail. Will see if I can pics up to show you.

Spurt

Seat Bocanegra
Apr 23, 2010
Slough
ive also got a wierd scratch on mine near my boot very small tho, but wont t-cut out for ****. dunno how it got there. like a scuff in the paint sort off.

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Yup, that's the one I am talking about mate. Like a black mark underf the paint sort of thing. Really annoying tbh.

Spurt

Seat Bocanegra
Apr 23, 2010
Slough
yea i noticed it the other day wont come off, the paint is really bad in certain areas like someones done it with a paint brush lol, i know it hasnt been repaired its just shitty seat quality, dont think i should be looking at it as hard as i am.

char_baby

Charlotte :)
Apr 26, 2010
Hampshire
Yup, that's the one I am talking about mate. Like a black mark underf the paint sort of thing. Really annoying tbh.

i found one of those types near my passenger door. havent tried polishing it out yet, thought it was dirt at first when i washed it today but didnt go away. Annoying but nobody else would notice.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.