air con takes ages to work plus funny fan noise

golfgtipaul

Jul 14, 2009
My bloody car mists up really easily and clearing it is getting a right pain. The air con doesnt seem to work all the time and there is a funny whirrin noise from the fan in the dash when the windscreen blower is on. You can then hear the whiriin noise slow down and stop eventually when you turn the blower off. After the dpf light came on the other week and now this i get a bad feeling this car is going to cause me problems, especially as the nearest seat garage to me is over 30 miles away :(
Had loads of vw's and never had a problem! thought seat would be the same as it shares parts with volkswagen! Got to say tho it is a stunning car! the 1.6tdi is a right peach! :rolleyes:

bigman75

Jul 21, 2009
Wolverhampton
Hi Paul

I use the recirculation setting on level 3 or 4 and set to blow on the windscreen. I also use the rear window heater.

The aircon is not switched on.

It clears within a few mins before I set off and once moving and cleared fully I turn off the recirculation and lower the speed and heat. I've found this to be highly effective.

Although, our weather hasn't tested it fully yet! :blink:

I've noticed the recirc has more power so it clears misting quicker. If you've not used it, try it.

Sorry if I'm teaching granny to suck eggs.

golfgtipaul

Jul 14, 2009
cheers fella, i will try that, i now have the dreaded fingers marks all ove the inside of the windscreen where i got fed up and resorted to wiping it with my fingers lol

bigman75

Jul 21, 2009
Wolverhampton
I tried one of those chamois demisting thingies, my god what a mess it made..............that went straight in the bin!

Fingers??!! Tut tut! lol. Patience my man, patience :D

Cheers