Air Feed To SMIC On LC

Dodson

Extreme Blue
Feb 9, 2005
Redcar
Was on my way to work this morning (3 hour drive) and i was thinking 'how the hell am i gonna get the money for a FMIC' when i ha a thought...

Is it possible to get a cold air feed onto the SMIC on the LC (facelift) and is it beneficial or another stuck in motorway traffic bored useless idea?

Dodson

Extreme Blue
Feb 9, 2005
Redcar
Is that the only thing possible?

I also have the Carbonio which is probably around the same position the other side, the only thing is i like the look of the fogs.....although they never get used anyway!!

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
there will be benefits, but none of them will actually make the same difference as the FMIC would

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Why not try it and see what you think? Remove the fog lights, remove the plastic shrouding and get a decent air feed in there too... all of which will cost you around £20 and a lazy Sunday afternoons work.

Live with it, see what benefits it brings (if any) and take it from there. If you're happy, problem solved! If not, put it back to the way it was and you're not really any worse off.

Dodson

Extreme Blue
Feb 9, 2005
Redcar
Sounds like a plan RobM...just need the car back nowthen, as there aint much point trying it on my courtesy Corsa!

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
cut the arch liner and fit some louvres or mesh.standard on other VAG motors with a smic

Dodson

Extreme Blue
Feb 9, 2005
Redcar
I was over on briskoda.net the other day and i saw someone had done this mod, is it worthwhile then?

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
The TT has vents in the arch liner as standard and as far as I know it's not a huge or particularly expensive job to get these and cut them up to fit the Leon. They don't fit straight in obviously, but you can buy the TT arch liner and cut the vent out... then cut up your liner and plastic weld the vent in.

Or, go ghetto with it and pop down to B&Q and get yourself an extractor fan vent and paint it black and fit that instead!

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Yeah that's another option.... but I think I'd prefer a proper vent to be honest, just seems tidier job?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.