Air filter/induction kit? - 1.2 12V

scottyNI

OK I need some advice, and yes I've tried searching but theres a lot of mixed responses and no solid answers.

I have a 1.2 12v ibiza, and I want to beef up its pathetic whine, can I or can't I do this with just an air filter? (will it make enough of a diff?)

Also, will a standard halfords cone filter fit?

thanks in advance

ps. I cant afford a cupra :bleh:

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
A cone filter will give it a more healthy roar, yes. Halfords cone would be a good start, just check the diameter of your MAF, and get a cone to suit. Plenty of cheap filter on ebay also ;)

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
Theres been some threads on the forum recently regarding this.
Use the search at the top because I'm not 100% on this but I'm told you have to remove the engine cover.
No gains, just sound difference. Hopefully the halfords would fit. I'd go for that if I was you, Theres no performance gain so no point spending mega cash.

scottyNI

Its too big, ibiza must be 40 or 50mm, most of halfords dont go below 60.

anyone know where can i get an adapter?

scottyNI

phototo.jpg

any idea what to do with these 2 pipes when I goto fit the induction kit?

One goes in top of engine, and other to bottom rightish...

Guffers

Resident Engineer
Apr 18, 2007
Ones a breather pipe, keeps the pressure equal. Plug it into the engine end and you can get a wee filter for it from Halfords.

mazzerati

Bags are for groceries!
Jun 27, 2008
Beverley, East Yorkshire
anyone have any idea if the engine cover off a polo fits? cos it covers the coil packs while leaving the body open for the filter just looks better i guess. anyone know?