Air intake flap motor

Jun 1, 2009
west lothian
Emmissions light on,took to VW dealer as no Seat dealer where i was on holiday,car still runs fine but faults show up as Air Intake Flap Motor fault and Cooling Fan Control Unit Fault,can anybody tell me whereabouts the Air Intake Flap Motor is situated?:confused:P.S> car has never overheated.I now believe this is actually called a Throttle Flap.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2009
west lothian
Fault codes are 1. 19557 2.17075 3.19558,,unfortunately i have no definitions for these codes anybody help? Reset using VAG_SCAN reader and emission light is now out.:confused:

Jun 1, 2009
west lothian
Light came back on after an hour,found the location of the air intake flap motor now,clean electrical connection still showing fault.Back to garage on Monday to see if this is covered by the warranty,the only symptom of this fault is when you stop the engine it judders every thing else is fine.

Jun 1, 2009
west lothian
fault diagnosed and repaired swiftly,new throttle body assembly fitted engine now shuts off smoothly and very little black smoke( i was blaming on remap).:D

Rua1r1

Rua1r1
May 5, 2009
Co.Armagh
from reading your story about your throttle flap, i now believe that i have the same problem, unfortunatley my warranty expired 2weeks ago and the stealers gave me a quote for 400quid :cry: Do you know if this is a big job ? and is there any way that a could afford going to the stealers ?

Jun 1, 2009
west lothian
from reading your story about your throttle flap, i now believe that i have the same problem, unfortunatley my warranty expired 2weeks ago and the stealers gave me a quote for 400quid :cry: Do you know if this is a big job ? and is there any way that a could afford going to the stealers ?

Took all off about 30mins,3 bolts undone, remove air pipe and unplug wiring.

Argent

Where is the location of the flap as I have this exact issue. Also Rua1r1 how much did it cost in the end to fix?

Rua1r1

Rua1r1
May 5, 2009
Co.Armagh
the flap is inside the throttle body, at the front part of the engine with the large black pipe going into it, I paid £300 for a new throttle body cant remember how much i was charged to fit it tho

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.