Airbag Fault

calmarshall

I got myself a seat ibiza cupra TDI 2006 few month back, when i was cleaning it out i noticed there was a connector block under the seat wrapped in yellow insulation tape. i unravled it and notice a resistor had been put across the socket as i took the rest of the tape offf it fell out, i then tried to but it back in and when i started the car up the air bag light stays on.

Ive tried taking the resistor out all together and plugging the socket bakc in and disconnecting the battery for an hour then connecting it back up and the light still stays on.

Ive tried to put the restistor back in the circuit and dicconect and reconnect the batttery and the light stays on...

ive even just got my self a scan gauge 2 and when search for fault codes there isnt any atall...

now im fukingggggg sik.... how the fuk can i get this ******* air bag light off...[:@]

Do u recon vag com will work?

or wot u recon i can do to get it off

Last edited by a moderator:

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
Nice,
Well I'm sure you've posted something very similar before,
have you tried taking it to a dealer and just asking them to plug VAGCOM in and see if they can clear the dashboard light? Normally they'll do it for free, they did at my local dealer.

bluearosatdi

Vagcom would poss be a good option. Tone down the expletives though as this is an open thread and my 8 year old daughter was watching over my shoulder as I was reading your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.