Aircon Rattle

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Noticed this yesterday that when i turn the AC on im getting a rattle, its coming from down behind the bumper on the drivers side, it sounds like its coming from the area of the biggest pulley.

I`ve read that it could possibly be a nosiey AC compressor anybody back this up? As soon as the AC is turned off the noise stops aswell.

I dont really want to lose my AC but if its going to cost alot to fix ill just rip it out :D

Heard a new compressor is approx 2k!

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Does it sound like the symptoms of one coming to the end of its life?

If so it may be an excuse for me to get rid any how!

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Could be clutch on its playing up causing to lock putting strain on engine, as if the engine about stall on idle.

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Could be clutch on its playing up causing to lock putting strain on engine, as if the engine about stall on idle.

Sorry i dont follow, it has nothing to do with clutch as it goes away when i turn the AC off, clutch is only a couple of K`s old too.

I got all my air con that you're welcome to have.

Still think you should bin it tho. lol

Cheers Phil and Bill for your offers, thinking about it im pretty tempted to rip it out if i decide to strip everything else out, on the other hand im getting itchy feet again and some people prefere a car with AC.

Does my "rattle" sound like a noisey compressor?

daves ibiza

i had same problem mate really got on my :censored: so i removed it all and no noise now . hope you get it sorted mate

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.