Alloy Dash Fitted

kewe

Jun 20, 2001
Edinburgh
Visit site
Managed to fit the SEAT alloy dash over the weekend, not sure tbh :confused:

DSCF0023.jpg

More pics on Readers Ride section or clicking the link below my sig.

Let me know what you think, good or bad :p

kewe

Jun 20, 2001
Edinburgh
Visit site
lol yeah, the flash from the camera actually lightens up the grey a bit but not much really.

Could be worse, could be cream coloured.

This was before the interior mods which I though was a bit too bland:-

01092007002-1.jpg

Last edited:

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
It looks good chap. I reckon it would look even better with the lower dash and door cards being black. Maybe tone it down slightly by not doing the vents but I think it looks fine.

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
It looks good chap. I reckon it would look even better with the lower dash and door cards being black. Maybe tone it down slightly by not doing the vents but I think it looks fine.

Strangely enough I quite like the vents but I've never been to sure about the centre console as it separates out the different units too much for my liking. It's hard to judge though without seeing it. I guess the vents might look odd done on their own. I always felt the lower dash should have been black. The grey on mine tends to have a slightly grubby look (maybe it is?!).

kewe

Jun 20, 2001
Edinburgh
Visit site
Strangely enough I quite like the vents but I've never been to sure about the centre console as it separates out the different units too much for my liking. It's hard to judge though without seeing it. I guess the vents might look odd done on their own. I always felt the lower dash should have been black. The grey on mine tends to have a slightly grubby look (maybe it is?!).

I agree totally. I think I'll stick with the centre console for now as it does cover some scratches I had on the original dash anyways and it is kind of growing on me by the day.

Toledo_130

kit looks pretty tidy... was a regular item for sale on ebay or just a one off..

btw did them seats in ur car or did you fit them.. have a set myself and wondering how to wire the electric up as my car has manual movement at present

kewe

Jun 20, 2001
Edinburgh
Visit site
kit looks pretty tidy... was a regular item for sale on ebay or just a one off..

btw did them seats in ur car or did you fit them.. have a set myself and wondering how to wire the electric up as my car has manual movement at present

Just a one off but they do come up now and again.

Seats are standard in the V5 models, think quite a few of the leon guys have bought and fitted some of late so might be worth a search on there mate.

Toledo_130

wot did you type in??.. did a wee search on ebay there and nothing came up..

i see someone in the leon section has the same seat problem(but 4 years ago), so im waiting on a reply.. thanks for the heads up

V5-Ant

V5 Student Power
Oct 8, 2009
Oxford, Uni in Gloucester
I quite like it but think it would suit better if the lower sections of your dash were black instead of grey.

just what i was thinking.

does look quite classy, would look brilliant if the who dash was black though.

Where did you get them from?

Also, i saw in your thread about the dials... they are very smart, you said they were custom from the manufacturers...do they currently make them then, and where can e get them?

DIT: i read the whole thread, looking now... the dash set doesnt fit though if you have the sat nav :(

Last edited:

Tartan58

Ex Seat Owner!!
Apr 10, 2008
Edinburgh
Looks good - always been in two minds over these as there's still a lot of black showing from the radio, switches, air-con etc. Compliments your dials and gear knob well

kewe

Jun 20, 2001
Edinburgh
Visit site
Looks good - always been in two minds over these as there's still a lot of black showing from the radio, switches, air-con etc. Compliments your dials and gear knob well

Cheers mate. Yeah I think especially the sides of the radio where the adaptor fits would look better silver as it would then feed it from the bottom to the top without the break. I did try and cut a couple of spare pieces to the shape but it just looked pants. The other option would be to spray it but getting a match could be difficult.

Thev5

Keeping it unreal
Nov 19, 2004
www.gardensandhouses.co.uk
I quite like it. I fitted mine about a year or so ago. However, I left the air vent ones off as I thought it wouldn't look right. I got mine off ebay for about £25 including P&P. The only problem I have now is I fitted a little red led beneather the ashtray to light the area up underneather like the Audi A3 before I did this. The light now reflects off of it and lights up the roof lining a little too much for my taste!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise