alternator upgrade!

craig87

beeza lover!
Mar 14, 2007
Right guys looking to uprate my alternator think my current one is only 60a looking for around 120a do you knw of any that are straight swap and how easy they are to fit??

Alternators for:

1.9D/TD(1Y/AAZ)93>
2.0 8V(2E)93-99
IBIZA:1.6(ABU)93-94
1.8(ABS)93-94
1.816V(ADL)94-96

are 90a but I am unsure of whether it would be a straight swap for the 60a alternator.

Guessing its for your ice that you want a bigger alternator?

craig87

beeza lover!
Mar 14, 2007
yeah its for my ice dude! does anyone know where to get mine rewound to get it more powerful??

your best bet is to speak to ICE specific shops as they generally deal with that kind of thing. You could try the ICE section on the main site forums.

Maybe trying going to a Seat dealership and see if they can look up the alternators on their parts system for you to see if there are any differences in sizes and shape. Schmatics (spl) is the things you need to be looking at I think?

craig87

beeza lover!
Mar 14, 2007
the ice section here isnt really helpful to me, im with an audio forum i just thought some people would now of a bigger alternator that has the same fitment. Ive heard that the seat alhambra/ vw sharan alternator has the same fitment and comes at 150a does anyone now?

the ice section here isnt really helpful to me, im with an audio forum i just thought some people would now of a bigger alternator that has the same fitment. Ive heard that the seat alhambra/vw sharan alternator has the same fitment and comes at 150a does anyone now?

Best bet is to go to a dealership as I mentioned

Audio forum will be as much use as us for example amount of people in this section doing proper ice installs to people on an audio forum knowing the ins and outs of what fits in an ibiza engine bay.

Plus if your selling it in a year is there much point?

craig87

beeza lover!
Mar 14, 2007
yeap there is point as the second battery needs to charge faster!!!! I need to find where i can get my current one rewound to a higher spec!!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.