Am i stoppable with reg plate led lights?

jaggy2

Just got some cool blues for the front and im putting in daylight LED,s for the rear reg plate lights ...Im more bugged about the reg plate LED.s does anyone have any experience of making yourself more prone to being pulled over because of them or are they strictly legal.
The blurb says they make the rear plate look white anyone know for sure or have i just blown 20 notes:)

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
Just got some cool blues for the front and im putting in daylight LED,s for the rear reg plate lights ...Im more bugged about the reg plate LED.s does anyone have any experience of making yourself more prone to being pulled over because of them or are they strictly legal.
The blurb says they make the rear plate look white anyone know for sure or have i just blown 20 notes:)

As far as the law is concernd, aslong as the lamp is in good working order and emits white light then its an MOT pass, some of the newer BMW's have the kind of HID effect numberplate lights which give off a white/blue tinge, its also not the colour of the blulb its how bright they are, i put some 5W 501's Phillips blue vision in my old saxo and they lit the back of the car up but the numberplate was readable.

jaggy2

HID 6000 kit now in and looks really good....one problem my sidelights no longer work is it possible i have wired up wrong and blown both side bulbs

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
I have white leds for the numberplate, never had a problem.
Oh yeah the plate will be bright, no fear of that.

img0458oe6.jpg

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
HID 6000 kit now in and looks really good....one problem my sidelights no longer work is it possible i have wired up wrong and blown both side bulbs

Are they cheap LED sidelight bulbs? I bought a pair off ebay and they only lasted about 3 hrs before they both burnt out.

I replaced them with decent ones and they been fine ever since.

There is a seperate fuse for each sidelight, might be worth checking these first.

jaggy2

cheers for the help guys checked inside light cover and new hid kit wires were pushing down on sidelight wiring re-tidied up and ready for some retina burning

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.