An LCR recaro question

willbatch

Jul 19, 2006
Right here is my dilema. I want recaros in my car currently have normal R seats. I really would like LCR recaros to keep the car looking standard, but i havent been able to find any after a real good look.

I have considered Golf recaros, leather ones go for silly money, if i brought cloth ones i'd end up having a half leather re trim done with red stitching ala LCR, this would make them well over 1k.

I'd kill for a cupra 4 trim but in the last 10 months i've only seen one come up, and that went for £1600.

If there is anyone on here from mainland europe please find me a cupra 4 trim or if anyone want to PX there recaros for a standard R trim let me know, could earn you some more money if your PX'ing your car.

Advice people!! lol :confused:

Jonny

slightly insane monkey
Jul 5, 2005
South Wales
I've got front & rear LCR Recaro's! :funk:

But I'll not be selling my car for another few years, so they're staying put! :p

;)

willbatch

Jul 19, 2006
From what i understand the LCR and golf recaros are the same???, i have an onvi car so i think the red golf seat are a no no lol.

The half leather set on ebay are the same seats as a full leather set i already have, they are from an early car with wear on the upright side bolster, do look very good though!

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
I paid £400 in swap for my standard R seats front and rear and ive got to say it was £400 well spent:)

Interrogate everyone who has their car advertised for sale on this forum especially the 210 based cars, and you should find someone with them in :) (210 cars had fronts and rears)

Offer £400-500 in a swap deal and bob's your uncle:)

willbatch

Jul 19, 2006
Mitchy i have been trying with no joy so far, how do you find them having owned both?

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
Recaro option looks similar but they are not identical. The headrests are different, they look better on the recaro option as they are sunk lower into them.

Comfort wise they are more supportive with stiffer side bolsters and they have the lumbar back support adjustment. (Cant remember if standards have this feature:shrug: )

The rears are like 2 bucket seats, so you effectively make your rear seats into 2 rather than 3. You can obviously get 3 in the rear but the person in the middle wont fell comftorable at all due to the side bolsters of the bucket style seats on either side of him/her. In the middle also is a pull down arm rest which holds a secret storage compartment aswell.

The recaro logo gives the interior a little more class aswell i think, look really good when they are all nice and clean:)

I wouldn't have paid the £1250 option from new i dont think, but i would certainly reccomend paying upto £500 2nd hand swap for them.

Last edited:

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Ive got the rears and 4 combos for the front but no results yet.
For the last year and a bit i have asked people on ebay on here if they would swap with cash and 99% have said no so you have to be really really lucky.

A set of cupra 4's went on the German ebay about 4 months back for about 1k, i was going to drive over to Germany and get them but just missed out on them.

Ive been in contact with Recaro direct and they said you can only get the seat from seat as they don’t leave reacro like that. But Seat also do another “seat sport” seat for about £500 each. They are like the GTI anniversary seats but with “seat sport” logo stitched into them

Another option you have is to get the covers from seat and get the golf gti's retrimed in that. Only problem with that is seat changed the design of the cover so you cant get the originals anymore (air bag logos different) so that stuffed my plans as i have one passenger said LCR recaro!

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
Get a loan, find a bargain Leon with Recaros ...

... and get it back up for sale within a week ;)

You won't loose more than £400 on it

S'pose you could phone round all the rental firms :D

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.