Another ABS/TCS post

RoscoGTI

Hi guys,
After 3 months of blissful turbo power my lovely Cupra has sprung an ABS/TCS fault. The problem occured about a week ago after I was tinkering with the battery and a set of jump leads to jump start my previous pride and joy (mk3 GTI 16v).

Prior to this everything had been hunky dory but since then the ABS and TCS lights have been permanently lit and there is indeed no ABS or TCS ( like most Cupra's its chipped so its pretty obvious the TCS isn't working :) )

Now, I'm not a great believer in conincidence and I'm convinced its something I've knackered but having replaced all the ABS/TCS fuses I'm at a complete loss to explain it.

I even had Seat take a look and even they weren't 100% sure what was wrong. They said there were no fault codes and they had done some electrical tests and were 75% sure its the instrument cluster itself at fault!!! With a quote of £300 for them to replace it and a 25% chance it'll do sweet FA I'm a bit reluctant to take their word for it....

I would be grateful of any golden nuggets of wisdom on the subject from you knowledgeable chaps. :help:

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
get vagcom onto the job, itll tell you exactly whats wrong, theres bound to be someone local to you with a cable and some sort of version of vagcom.

RoscoGTI

Thats a good idea, at the very least it'll confirm if my local Seat stealership are a bunch of incompetent giz-ferrets or not.

I'm in Derby btw, is anyone in the vacinity to hook me up???

flashbsd

:doh: read it that you had a cupra!

yep get vagccom on it :D

Last edited by a moderator:

LEON_FR

Rich Full Member
Jul 9, 2005
Stoke on Trent
RoscoGTI said:
( like most Cupra's its chipped so its pretty obvious the TCS isn't working :) )

:

Few of you guys say this about the TCS not working with the remap but my TCS still works is this sumthin that happens with time???

matt_s

4 8 15 16 23 42
Dec 23, 2004
I don't think he means it's not working because it's chipped. More that it's got so much power that it easily spins the wheels so you can tell the tcs isn't on.

I've never heard of the tcs not workning with a remap, don't think they'd get many sales if it did cos you'd need it even more.

RoscoGTI

md078 said:
I don't think he means it's not working because it's chipped. More that it's got so much power that it easily spins the wheels so you can tell the tcs isn't on.
Bingo!

Just to clarify cos its seems a few people grabbed the wrong end of the stick. Its my chipped Ibiza with the ABS/TCS fault (not caused by the remap) and I need someone with VAG com to help me out :help:

Although I'm not convinced VAG com will shed any more light on whats wrong as the stealers reckon'd there were no fault codes.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.