Another first impressions thread....PHOTOS ADDED!

Rikwaite

PqCbqe8.jpg

My test image. See if it works.

Nice one it works I will now post my pics cheers jk1

You can see the colour of the wing mirrors on the lower part of the mirror. They are a more dark grey and have a gloss finish to them. They match the inner darker part of the alloys.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rikwaite

Hi Rik,

If you go to your picture on imgur you should see a list of links to the right, you want the 'direct link'. Copy that then in your post paste the link and add
to the end, like so...

zmB2s6P.png

[B)]
Hi JK1

Here are the pics i promised sorry about the delay!!!

yM4ucuw.jpg

uMYTHLn.jpg

3W6VaY2.jpg

Hope u can get the jist of the colour of the wing mirrors. As i said they match the inner parts of the 2 tone alloys(thought I'd show u my wifes kirbing efforts wasnt happy. Good job i took out the alloy+tyre protection)

You cant buy the alloys seperat to the wing mirrors or vise versa. But most of seats FR pics have the allloys but no silver wing mirrors???

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
Just trying to decide between white and red now :)

I went for white because I'm not a makem :) and think the rear LEDs and valance/bumper contrast better with the white.

However, I think the titanium mirror caps actually look better on the red... The wheels look great on all colours!

Last edited:

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
I do like the white, and it was my first choice, but seeing some pics the lines of the car get lost in the white, so I'm not sure...

Cougar

Jul 10, 2011
I like those titanium mirrors. Keep up the FR tradition. Aftermarket sale from Sere's maybe? :p

scoobysnax

Apr 29, 2003
Macclesfield
Visit site
Hi
I have the DAB radio but how do you "add icons to radio stations on the screen"
When connected to my phone, yes I get contact photos from my Nokia, but wondered if there was a similar setting for radio stations?

kugaman1

Mar 6, 2013
Aberdeenshire
Hi
I have the DAB radio but how do you "add icons to radio stations on the screen"
When connected to my phone, yes I get contact photos from my Nokia, but wondered if there was a similar setting for radio stations?

Dont know - i assume you would need to import them from a usb stick, problem is you will need to know the icon size and format.

If i had any freetime, id play around myself to try and get them working.

Andy:)

Rikwaite

I do like the white, and it was my first choice, but seeing some pics the lines of the car get lost in the white, so I'm not sure...

Hi Jk1

I've seen a couple in white on the roads they look really nice. I think white just pips red for me. I was also tied between red black and white. The only reason I didn't go for white is I was a little worried it could go back out of fashion. My wife preferred black I couldn't decide so went for black again. I love black cars they look really good when clean. I've not yet seen a red one in the flesh on the roads that's the true test for me. I think they are both strong colours and don't think u will be disappointed what ever u choose.

Rik

Rikwaite

I know jk1 this is my 4th black car on the trot. 2nd Leon. Washed mine last weekend and had to do it again today. Polished it today with some of that new amoral shield it looks a treat. I also tried the shield alloy protector. It game up trumps in the auto express tests !!!

wiganlad81

Mar 27, 2013
Dont know - i assume you would need to import them from a usb stick, problem is you will need to know the icon size and format.

If i had any freetime, id play around myself to try and get them working.

Andy:)

Yeah just stick radio station ident logos on a usb stick or SD card and in settings there is an option to select them. The media plus system retains the image regardless of whether USB stays connected or not.

kugaman1

Mar 6, 2013
Aberdeenshire
Yeah just stick radio station ident logos on a usb stick or SD card and in settings there is an option to select them. The media plus system retains the image regardless of whether USB stays connected or not.

Cool, might give it a go later today.

Spent a few hours in the sun painting the calipers on my wifes Polo yesterday.

Its quite funny, After I painted the calipers on the Leon, people suddenly notice it.

Pay £22k for a brand new design car of which there are no others locally. Most people have never seen one, let alone a car with LED lights.
When they see it, all they say is "cool, I like the red calipers"

Andy :confused:

Starbucks78

Oct 7, 2009
I opted for white and very glad I did.

Let's see if I can get the picture link thing working.........

RACrp1a.jpg

Starbucks78

Oct 7, 2009
I only have a couple of pics from my camera phone, and no side on shots I'm afraid.

LGL6xsH.jpg

KamXMk2.jpg

White is going to take some looking after though to keep it looking its best, especially after todays rain!

Starbucks78

Oct 7, 2009
Thanks for the compliments, I really do love this car and the way it looks. I've had it 10 days and got a compliment at least once a day.

I should mention I did a slight mod on the front behind the number plate. I used to be a sign writer and so applied a high quality cast vinyl to make this area gloss black. Glad to report this has no adverse effect on the parking sensors whatsoever and really sets off the look of the car.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.