Another first impressions thread....PHOTOS ADDED!

Bdringhill

Noob
Mar 29, 2013
These kind of things make me laugh, surely it costs VAG more to buy cheapo jets for a few models then simply fitting the same standard fan spray jet part to all of their cars?!

Obviously not a deal breaker but makes you ask "why do that?!"

Can't have the new leon taking too many golf/a3 customers though

Bdringhill

Noob
Mar 29, 2013
Looks a lot better too, but you know what I mean the vag don't want their individual arms bickering about stealing sales off each other.

Cougar

Jul 10, 2011
Had I realised this before... :p

To be fair to SEAT (and in no way defending them on this issue mind you...) I would still buy the Leon over the Golf / A3 EVEN if it had one jet which could only just about dampen the lower passenger side quarter of the windscreen and even then the jet only came out as a light dribble.

The washer jets weren't the first thing that came to mind when I was looking around it I guess! :)

Bdringhill

Noob
Mar 29, 2013
I think it looks a million times better too. I'd agree on the washer front lol.
A3's are boring, and golfs are so boring inside

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
Reminds me of the missing glove box light from the mk2.

On the plus side the mk3 rear washer now comes from the top of the rearscreen so no more useless widdle halfway up the screen as it's been on both the mk1 and 2! :p

Last edited:

Cougar

Jul 10, 2011
On the plus side the mk3 rear washer now comes from the top of the rearscreen so no more useless widdle halfway up the screen as it's been on both the mk1 and 2! :p

I'm still yet to try out the washer jets - front or back! But take comfort in the fact that I'll keep you informed ;)

Rikwaite

Hi

Got mine in black with titanium pack love the 2tone alloys great looking car in red

All is good the fr is a good choice watch out u golfs that's what is say.

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
Hi

Got mine in black with titanium pack love the 2tone alloys great looking car in red

All is good the fr is a good choice watch out u golfs that's what is say.

Can we have a picture of the titanium pack wing mirrors?

Early images suggested they were an horrific chrome effect, but now they seem to be a dark matt grey?

Thanks

Last edited:

Rikwaite

Hi jk1

Yes I will get a photo for u but I don't know how to up load them yet. They are he same colour of the inner part of the pack alloys. They are darker than the old fr wing mirrors. I loved the alloys so the wing mirrors came with it we couldn't split the pack but I think they make the car stand out not many people will have them. I will sort it out

Rik

P.s how do u upload photos to post + profile. ( sorry if I am been thick) is because I'm still a newbee. Might have to wait for 15 posts and 15 days.

Last edited by a moderator:

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
Best thing to do is to go to http://imgur.com/ and upload them their. Then post the address here with
around it.

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
I saw a new shape A8 in front of me the other day and it turned its jets on and two streams of water shot over the car, I thought it looked cheap and tacky and wondered why mine were better but after reading this its made me wonder if all new vags have gone down this stream route instead of spray? I assume there is some simple aftermarket way of changing this?

BNDUK

A very nice looking car.

The pics were very helpful in helping me decide to order one in a very similar spec.

Thanks!

Valenni

Had I realised this before... :p

To be fair to SEAT (and in no way defending them on this issue mind you...) I would still buy the Leon over the Golf / A3 EVEN if it had one jet which could only just about dampen the lower passenger side quarter of the windscreen and even then the jet only came out as a light dribble.

The washer jets weren't the first thing that came to mind when I was looking around it I guess! :)

I do love the new Leon, I was actually waiting to order the 184, but do you really think it's much better looking than the new GTD? (I agree with you based on the standard MK 7 though)

I ended up ordering the new GTD because it looks so much better with the new GTI body-kit.

seat-leon-fr_0.jpg

Volkswagen-Golf-VII-GTD-1.jpg

Rikwaite

Best thing to do is to go to http://imgur.com/ and upload them their. Then post the address here with
around it.
Got my pics of the mirrors still can't get my pics on the site I have up loaded a pic to imgur but can't seem to get it to upload to this site. I'm a bit of a ding bat when it comes to doing things like this. I will keep on trying sorry for the delay.

Rik

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
Got my pics of the mirrors still can't get my pics on the site I have up loaded a pic to imgur but can't seem to get it to upload to this site. I'm a bit of a ding bat when it comes to doing things like this. I will keep on trying sorry for the delay.

Rik

Hi Rik,

If you go to your picture on imgur you should see a list of links to the right, you want the 'direct link'. Copy that then in your post paste the link and add
to the end, like so...

zmB2s6P.png

[B)]

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.