Nov 20, 2006
Bedford
This help?

1.jpg

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Spot on just what ive been looking for, ill be getting this done after xmas. I can proberly get the decals made up at work if you need some done cheap`ish.

David.

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
yeh, no problem. Ill have to get in contact with m0rk, as its kinda advertising but im sure it will be ok. It will be after xmas now when i get my wheels done. They should be pretty much exactly the same as im going to use my spare as a template.

Ill speak to my boss about price as he would be making them and supplying the vynil.

Neale

Aug 26, 2007
Elgin, Scotland
Yeah the guy i bought my R from did the same kept the spare unpainted so he could get some1 to make up some vinyals but they ended up making a mess of the decals....was meaning to try my local sign makers to see if they could do any better but not got round to it yet but if you get a good price give us a shout ;)

Cupra_J_RS

Yellow Perril Cupra
May 14, 2007
Solihull, Birmingham
Yeah the guy i bought my R from did the same kept the spare unpainted so he could get some1 to make up some vinyals but they ended up making a mess of the decals....was meaning to try my local sign makers to see if they could do any better but not got round to it yet but if you get a good price give us a shout ;)

Neale, you bought that car off my best mate, myn looks exactly the same. Very nice car!

Regarding the decals...i have the template, and i emailed a few companies to get some quotes, it was soooo expensive!!!

I even took my spare wheel to 2 local sign shops to get them to match the graphics, they both claimed they could produce near exact matches using there computers/machinery etc...

However, what they produced was shockingly poor! Font was different, spacing different, everything about it was wrong.

So best of luck!!

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
It was £2.50 for each decal basically. I wanted to keep the original text with the wheels hence, why I had the whole lot done.

The measurements were about 90% accurate. 2 hours for me on a saturday cutting them and getting them to fit perfect. Was quite happy with the results considering.

They guy that made mine up went by a picture I sent him, considering he never saw my car in the flesh I thought he did a great job

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
If we cant get a a decent decal from my spare ill proberly be using your template dan as it wasnt far off, Once mine are done i reckon that it would be in the region of £25 for a complete set plus P+P. I will confirm this as soon as the ball is rolling.

Neale

Aug 26, 2007
Elgin, Scotland
Neale, you bought that car off my best mate, myn looks exactly the same. Very nice car!

Regarding the decals...i have the template, and i emailed a few companies to get some quotes, it was soooo expensive!!!

I even took my spare wheel to 2 local sign shops to get them to match the graphics, they both claimed they could produce near exact matches using there computers/machinery etc...

However, what they produced was shockingly poor! Font was different, spacing different, everything about it was wrong.

So best of luck!!

I sure did :) and loving every minute of it....Ed did say that he had a mate thats got nearly the exact same car....just as well we live at th opposite ends of the land :lol: noticed in your sig you hav hid's what ones did you opt for and where did you get them from if you dont mind me askin?

Cupra_J_RS

Yellow Perril Cupra
May 14, 2007
Solihull, Birmingham
Yeh, there well nice cars!

I almost bought Ed's car just because its got a few less miles than mine. But being as its pretty much exactly the same, it wasn't worth the hassle.

I bought my HID's off here, a bloke had 2 sets so they were still brand new in the packaging.

I got the 6000k set, there the right 'blueness' in my opinion, anything more looks to blue plus 6000k is the legal limit i think?!

You sorted the plates out yet?

Neale

Aug 26, 2007
Elgin, Scotland
Yep its now on 46,000k odd now due to the marathon drive back to scotland from solihull been eyeing up some hid's from mydepot.com and was the 6000k ones i was eying up really miss the xenons as my last car had them as standard....how easy are they to fit and where bouts did you fix the ballasts to?

Yep is now bearing its original reg plate but my plate will be goin on it asap also got the super small front plate for her lol...quick Q regarding your paintwork has yours got a little sun fade as my spoiler and skirts are a slightly diff colour if so wat you using to balance it out?

Neale

Cupra_J_RS

Yellow Perril Cupra
May 14, 2007
Solihull, Birmingham
Get the 6000k, they make such a difference, they improve visibility, but the biggest difference is how they appear to other drivers...looks well smart.

Haha Ed said you wanted baby front plate, i got pulled today for myn, gotta produce me documents.

Yeh it seems all onvi yellow Ibiza Cupra's suffer from sun fade, do a search on here, there's quite a few people asked about it. My spoiler/bonnet looks the worst.
Only solution is a respray unfortunately. Or just live with it like i am.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members