Anthracite mk3 Cupra R wheel pics????

Neale

Aug 26, 2007
Elgin, Scotland
I got offered a really tempting offer for my wheels last night but cant part with them as they make the R stand out and i dont really like any other wheels on a ibiza other than super t's

myseatcupra

ibiza fr tdi
May 14, 2007
cardiff/penarth
I got offered a really tempting offer for my wheels last night but cant part with them as they make the R stand out and i dont really like any other wheels on a ibiza other than super t's

no offence to anyone else. but i do like the colour of your wheels. is that grey colour the stock colour

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
no offence to anyone else. but i do like the colour of your wheels. is that grey colour the stock colour

They are silver standard. It looks like hes refurbished his, i did mine but in black. Was originally gonna do his colour but changed my mind at last minute

Cupra_J_RS

Yellow Perril Cupra
May 14, 2007
Solihull, Birmingham
a good machine polish will remove sun fade mate, no need for a respray

Are you sure about this? Have you actually done it yourself?

Only reason I ask is because this is a huge issue with most onvi yellow Ibiza's. It has been discussed more than enough on this forum, but everyone is lead to believe a respray is the only solution.

If so, anyone ever had the car 'professionally polished' to bring the painwork back to more its original colour?

Stuart 528

Oct 8, 2007
ask this question on www.detailingworld.co.uk to get a definite answer as i havent worked on onvi myself however fade is very common on all solid colours, a machine polish will remove a few microns of paint and bring back the life to the colour by removing the faded/oxidised paint on the top.

But as I said I have never worked on Onvi Yellow myself, however I fail to see how this will be any different to any other colour.

For example, faded red, before on the right, after on left:

27.jpg

I'd like to try now to see lol, anyone live near South Wales with Onvi?

Last edited:

Neale

Aug 26, 2007
Elgin, Scotland

Yep the previous owner had the wheels done in the colour in the pics....the wheels come standard in silver with red decals very nice wheel to come standard on a car imo ;)