Anti roll bars

kyle18uk

Dec 19, 2006
Nottingham
Hello, Ive done a search and cant find any helpful information.

Im after front and rear anti roll bars, where would the best place (cheapest) to get these from? also do you have to get some sort of bracket made up? My car is a 1.4 so would this add extra difficulties and work?

any help or a link would be good. Thanks

dubz_wm

DuBaHolIcS.co.uk
Jul 25, 2008
Wimbledon, Surrey
not sure on the 1.4s but there is loads of info on arbs for the cupras.not sure if that wopuld be a different set up or not. i was looking this morning.

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
I found strut braces didnt really do that much.... okay handling was a bit better but nothing to shout and rave about!

The arb's well.......... Put it this way I wish they were one of the things I fitted 1st! They not cheap but think they cost me £440ish (cant really remember) but for the handling improvments, well worth it!

If you havent got them much to spend on the both get the rear one 1st..... easiest to fit basically and the rear alone well make you smile goin into every bend!

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
I found strut braces didnt really do that much.... okay handling was a bit better but nothing to shout and rave about!

The arb's well.......... Put it this way I wish they were one of the things I fitted 1st! They not cheap but think they cost me £440ish (cant really remember) but for the handling improvments, well worth it!

If you havent got them much to spend on the both get the rear one 1st..... easiest to fit basically and the rear alone well make you smile goin into every bend!

Im definetely going to have to invest in some ARB's now. I will get the rear first I think.

jcs356

Cordy owner
Jul 12, 2004
Englandland
Yep, ARBs are worth the investment if you are really going to drive your car hard.

I've got a drawing for the bracket which I used to have a mate make them up for me after I snapped my Badger Bill ones. PM me your email and I'll send it through if anyone needs it.

hopkinsgm

Do-doo-be-do-do-dooo
May 25, 2001
Swindon (occasionally)
Visit site
...The one's for the cupra/gti or mk3 ibiza will fit the 1.4's...
Worth noting that the cupra/gti's have an anti roll bar within the rear beam which most (all?) 1.4's. An aftermarket rear anti roll bars straps onto the rear beam and, in the case of a cupra sport of a gti, is supplementary. On a lower spec'd car, the OE bar isn't there within the beam, so... Might be worth trying to find a cupra/gti rear beam at a breakers? Swapping a rear axle isn't a massively big job, though it's kinda daunting and it's not really one of those jobs you can abort halfway through. A word of warning - being given the task of reassembling somebody elses' drum brakes on a Sunday morning when you have the mother of all hangovers is no laughing matter. Or so I'm told, anyway... :whistle:

as previously mentioned you will need the brackets making up for the rears on a lower spec'd car like the 1.4. The front will go on fine though. I have a front one on mine and it's a good improvement. However having just the front one on is meant to increase oversteer. Only achieved it a few times on a slippy road but I was actively encouraging it lol.

But havin a short wheel base car and fwd is never going to be as fun as rwd and a long wheel base.

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Worth noting that the cupra/gti's have an anti roll bar within the rear beam which most (all?) 1.4's. An aftermarket rear anti roll bars straps onto the rear beam and, in the case of a cupra sport of a gti, is supplementary. On a lower spec'd car, the OE bar isn't there within the beam, so... Might be worth trying to find a cupra/gti rear beam at a breakers? Swapping a rear axle isn't a massively big job, though it's kinda daunting and it's not really one of those jobs you can abort halfway through. A word of warning - being given the task of reassembling somebody elses' drum brakes on a Sunday morning when you have the mother of all hangovers is no laughing matter. Or so I'm told, anyway... :whistle:

Yea but the rear arb (if you can call it that) is sh!t..... and it might as well not be there. Any model, even the mk3 ibiza you will need the brackets for the rear. Got mine from Badger 5 but Jason could do with a copy of the diagram for reference :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members