Anti Roll Bars

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
Depending on your driving style you will notice benefits. I have a 25mm RARB and 23mm FARB with coilovers, spacers, strut braces etc etc. In the dry the RARB helps to vastly reduce understeer and increase the sharpness and response of turn-in. However in wet, or low grip situations the back-end can try to come round too easily - I am going to try the middle setting on my RARB next time it is wet to combat this. It is normally set on stiffest, but the adjustable nature is definitely a bonus.

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
I have found tyre choice affects the setup too
I have 25/28 middle setting when running p-zeros it was perfect but then they wore out and i got F1 assymetrics.
This has changed its characteristics so i feel i now need to slacken the RARB down
Hoping adding Weitec kit i have allow me a sturdy enough base to maintain the middle setting

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
I have 25/28 middle setting when running p-zeros it was perfect but then they wore out and i got F1 assymetrics.
This has changed its characteristics so i feel i now need to slacken the RARB down
Hoping adding Weitec kit i have allow me a sturdy enough base to maintain the middle setting

too true.. my dunlop sport maxx tt tyres are crap in the wet.. this is probably a major contributor to the back end wanting to say hello alot!

turbin

Depending on your driving style you will notice benefits. I have a 25mm RARB and 23mm FARB with coilovers, spacers, strut braces etc etc. In the dry the RARB helps to vastly reduce understeer and increase the sharpness and response of turn-in. However in wet, or low grip situations the back-end can try to come round too easily - I am going to try the middle setting on my RARB next time it is wet to combat this. It is normally set on stiffest, but the adjustable nature is definitely a bonus.

Ok, Im asking this question based on my upcoming trackdays where Ill be on the limit. Nurburgring, Gatebil and so on.. On the street I always stay well within the limits :)

:)

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
Ok, Im asking this question based on my upcoming trackdays where Ill be on the limit. Nurburgring, Gatebil and so on.. On the street I always stay well within the limits :)

:)

I was at the 'ring last weekend with a complete mixture of weather. In the dry the car was well planted with my current set up, getting down to near the 9minute lap :) In the wet the car was completely different, backend was very unsettled..scarily so!
Lesson learnt - for wet laps round the ring..loosen off the rear arb!

turbin

I was at the 'ring last weekend with a complete mixture of weather. In the dry the car was well planted with my current set up, getting down to near the 9minute lap :) In the wet the car was completely different, backend was very unsettled..scarily so!
Lesson learnt - for wet laps round the ring..loosen off the rear arb!

interesting... Im going for 8:50 this year so Ill try to get the car optimized. The ring gets scary when you turn the heat up :p

Specially in the wet.. wouldent even bother pushing if its not dry there.

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
interesting... Im going for 8:50 this year so Ill try to get the car optimized. The ring gets scary when you turn the heat up :p

Specially in the wet.. wouldent even bother pushing if its not dry there.

that was my aim but I only got 3 semi-dry laps in and got held up a couple of times! going again in the summer :D

turbin

that was my aim but I only got 3 semi-dry laps in and got held up a couple of times! going again in the summer :D

haha, its addictive =P

when are the best dates ? weekends are open for the whole day.. but weekdays have probably less traffic....

cap r 225

the need for speed!
Feb 24, 2008
nantwich
www.seatcupra.net

I'd agree with this. I have a 25mm rear ARB that was set on medium with P-Zero tyres and the set up was perfect for me, just a little oversteer on the limit.
I now run Falken 452's and get understeer again so the ARB will be going to the stiffest setting when i get the chance!!

reflexuk

Future member
Jul 16, 2008
Nr Chesterfield Derbyshire
Just a thought. What would happen if you took a 25mm dia steel bar and welded it into the back of the V groove formed by the back axle? It would help resist axle twist just like an aftermarket AR bar wouldn't it?

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
Just a thought. What would happen if you took a 25mm dia steel bar and welded it into the back of the V groove formed by the back axle? It would help resist axle twist just like an aftermarket AR bar wouldn't it?

No. The ARB is connected to the bottom of the rear struts, so your bar would need to bend round and attach to the lower shock mounts.

reflexuk

Future member
Jul 16, 2008
Nr Chesterfield Derbyshire
I take your point Danny, but the extensions you mention to the damper bottoms are only there to act as lever arms to transfer the twisting forces to and from the bar that's strapped to the axle beam. In the case of my proposed cheapo simpleo welded alternative then these forces would be transferred by the trailing arms, as the already do into the stock beam!

Last edited:

Gnollins

Bosh!
Jul 24, 2006
Yarnton, Oxfordshire
Quick question guys, I've tried a search but couldn't find a definite answer:

Does the mk4 R32 23mm front ARB fit straight onto the LCR OEM setup?

My front ARB is corroded and needs replaced, just wondering if I can get the R32 ARB as a cheap upgrade.

Cheers,

Mark.

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
You have same mounting points so need bar, bushes and clamps
Part numbers are on here if you have a search and cost about £100

Dan-Cupra

ok ive read through this thread and yet to see anyone with 26/26 setup, this is what im going to be doing as the whiteline kit is not availble anymore so i opted for the eibach 26mm front and rear. will this cause anyproblems, i have got after market coilovers and 5mm spacers and the front and 15mm on the back, any help would be great :)