any ideas on what intercooler this is?

leedc5

130120091224-1.jpg

leedc5

it is different but apparently very good, i think its called twin core or twin pass but not 100%

cuprachrissy

nope never seen it before but hes got a nice looking modded bumper! looks sweet.

Last edited by a moderator:

leedc5

he's running a k04 but the hoses pop off now and again, he's changed the jubilee clips to the ones on the forge website and seems ok now, would probably be better off getting a forge fmic to see the true potential of the k04

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
he's running a k04 but the hoses pop off now and again, he's changed the jubilee clips to the ones on the forge website and seems ok now, would probably be better off getting a forge fmic to see the true potential of the k04

best thing is to simply weld a couple of nipples ( :whistle: ) on the intercooler pipes, which will keep the clamps on.

as said this is usually the route for the mk4 lads. I guess its easier routing it though as both inlet and chargepipe are on that side.

WOuld;nt get it myself though

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
looks pretty much the same as one GRS motorsport do but just sprayed black...from the picture on there site it doesnt look like its got a great flow rate to say the least...

leedc5

does look pretty identical, i'll do some investigating to see if its actually any good, cheers for your help

jamiebennett81

Cos its not passing through the cooler, the airs gota circulate around it insted.

it will work fine, all be it its a twin pass cooler so will suffer a slightly higher pressure drop

Why do forge make alot of things that aint actually as good as there supposed to be...

like?

had no problems with their quality of products what so ever i.e. Forge 007p, FMIC etc:)

EDIT: like this one

http://www.grsmotorsport.co.uk/

seatintercooler1.jpg

didnt think anyone used the twin pass coolers any more, depsite they will do the job, the availability of the single pass ones are so cheap now everyone uses these instead and they are better of course due to better flow/less pressure drop in some cases

Last edited by a moderator:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.