any1 know correct psi for 195/50/15's?

syms

hi all

i'm getting a little bit confused about the correct pressures for my toledo. the owners handbook says 35 all round as does the lable on the petrol cap. I've also checked out the net and got different pressures from 2 or 3 different sites, one says 32 all round and another says 29/31 or 31/29, think that being whether its rear or front wheel drive.
Any suggestions as to what would be best pressures???

It's a 97 2l sport automatic and as stated tyres are 195/50/15.

with thanks in advance for any help.

simon

WHY ME!!!!!!

Deleted member 5241

If its any help the tyres on my other halfs Mk3 Golf GTi are 34 up front and 28 on the back, they are 195/50/15's

Deleted member 5241

Ok, we'll try that again...

Why not give 33 a shot all round then increase/decrease dependant on how it feels to you. The norm for front wheel drive is more PSI up front, my Toledo 1.9 TDi however states 28 all round. I tend to bump the fronts up to 30 and the rears to 29 as that feels better for me.

My guess is that it would feel about right with a couple more up front compared to the pressure in the rear so 34/32 or 35/33 should feel ok. If you go the experimental route only change the psi a maximum of 2 across the axle at a time ie. do the rears or fronts, do both but dont change all 4 at the same time.

syms

Hi all

Have tried 35 in front and 33 in rear but steering has gone back to feeling quite heavy again. Will give it a try at 33 all round an see how that goes failling that will try 33 front and 31 rear but the 31 rear sounds a bit low for the size of tyres as old faithful(my cavalier) was 31 in front and tyre size was 185/60/14 , so surely the bigger the tyre the more psi goes in them?.:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.