anyone actually log to show airbox/cone dif

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
hey guy's

having a disscussion on another forum.

has anyone done real world logs, not dyno to show the difference on the 1.8t engine for the std airbox, uprated filter or open cone,

to show intake temps higher gs etc?

wayne lcr

bored of it now
Mar 5, 2009
doncaster
was just thinking this the same jake cos iam thinking of puting me standed 1 back on and geting rid of the cda

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
was just thinking this the same jake cos iam thinking of puting me standed 1 back on and geting rid of the cda

Wayne, defo drop the CDA because at elevated rev's the cda and dynatwist etc cannot flow enough air through thier restrictive housings, to make good gains. whack a jetex on there you'll feel the difference.

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
i used a k&n before this and carnt feel any difference maybe just me

How big is the K&N filter, the Jetex flow very well and have a large surface area. A cold air feed directed to it improves flow too. Going back to standard is a backward step imho.

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
CDA sux on remapped k04 - I did an S3 with hybrid K04 which had a CDA on it... it sounded and drive like it was asmatic.. Removed the CDA and fitted the JR cone and gained 15g/s! Car drove so much nicer after. On closer inspection of the CDA the fiter inside is tiny.. no way would you fit one knowing how small a filter it had internally.

May 13, 2007
Denmark
Does anyone have some result with the stock airfilterbox and a aftermarket panel filter? I have 206 g/sec with a pipercross panel filter.

Temped to try my HKS reloaded 200/80 mm again...

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.