anyone know where is the OBD connector in the León?

PeterS

Oct 29, 2001
Cambs
That link contains some good help - thanks. I will start on it soon! I am working on some telemetry software for Robot Wars (yes real sad I know....:eek:) but I have to finish that first otherwise my m8's robot will not work! I also don't have my Leon yet...booooo.

As far as PCB kits go that would be great! I have access to all the kit to do PCBs nicely but its not my own so large numbers (well any more than a few really!) will be a prob.

Watch this space...

Peter

BlackFR

Jan 22, 2002
Not too far away
I think I was quoted a tooling charge for a pro pcb of around 50 notes then 2-3 quid per pcb after...

so for the first 20 pcbs that would come out at around £5.50 per board then boards after that would be 2-3 quid as there is no tooling to add....

Just doing a bill of material to get a price for the bits in a box:)

M

PeterS

Oct 29, 2001
Cambs
Brilliant - I look forward to finding out what that costs - save me the hassle of doing it!

Regs
Peter

PS: stuck @ home work today...been as sick as a dog. But I'm still doing some work :(

PeterS

Oct 29, 2001
Cambs
I had brief look at the source - it looks as though it will support win32 - although it is console app. I will download the source and try compile it.

Bad news about the connectors - £8? :sick:

Peter

nfot

The Greek connection !
Nov 18, 2001
Greece
Visit site
When you two guys are ready with the software & the hardware just let me know of the price (for the win32 version and the PCB). I WANT THEM !!!!!!!!!

Many thanx in advance.

PeterS

Oct 29, 2001
Cambs
I downloaded the freediag source. My initial look at it:

VAG support pretty incomplete. Concentrates on OBDII support - see http://www.obdii.com for more info.

Also - it is primarily Linux based and uses Streams. Although it has some hooks for win32 it is largely incomplete (bummer). I do have Debian installed (co-incidently started playing with Debian last week but must confess that I am a relative Linux newbie). I will play at getting it to run under Debian - at the moment I am sorting out a network driver for my network card for Debian...so this may be a while(!). In any case I have win32 on my laptop and don't intend to install Debian on it for the forseeable future. I also anticipate that most people on the forums are win32 based and want a nice GUI with buttons to click.

Anyway - it may be of some use, but a Win32 version will work quite different. I already have some C++ that I have written which wraps the serial port quite nicely on a PC. I also intend to write it so that a Palm port is simple (just replace the GUI and serial driver). Anyway, I'll see how I get on - must finish robot software first..hehehe

Regards
Peter

PS: just seen your latest post - the optocoupler that is specified in one of the links is pretty cheap - see
RS components (47p)

<br></br>

BlackFR

Jan 22, 2002
Not too far away
Do you have to do bit bash serial for this? Will it work with Win2k? Win32 is a mystery to me.. lol

The problem with those optos is that they are not suitable to high data rate the scew and bend the data... I'm gunna replace them with 1Mbps data optos at £1.70 per pair..

I think an RJ45 connector at the PC end of the board and an automotive stylee at the other.. I just find any of the OBD plugs cheaply:(

M

PeterS

Oct 29, 2001
Cambs
The serial comms appears to be character based - so this should be no prob with a standard PC UART.

? Will it work with Win2k

It will work with all NT based Win32 OS's (and probably on Win95 based OS's - win98 & WinME, but I won't test it on these :D) - the serial class I wrote uses something called "overlapped I/O". This does allow extremely good control of the serial port..although "overlapped I/O" is IMHO overly complicated :)

Yeah - the cheaper the connectors the better!!!

Regs
Peter

habbalm

OBD cable seat leon 2004

hey guys anyone has an idea about the what kind of cable do i need to buy for Seat leon 2004 in order for me to connect my laptop??

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.