Anyone recommend a replacement air filter?

stevo72

Feb 3, 2007
cambridge
I have an original fitted on my LC 180 2001, no mobs, and would be grateful on advice which up graded replacement i should go for, i have heard of called "green" filter, well something like that from memory, any good?

Your recommendations welcome.

cheers

Timmyboy

Former Cupra Owner
Aug 27, 2005
Bristol
There's a guy on eBay doing them for £39.99 plus reasonable postage, seems to be a little cheaper than most of the usual suppliers.

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
My Greencottons have always been RE-USABLE. Hence my purchase of the Greencotton cleaning detergent and filter oil.

Cupraloon

So (can of worms time) cotton filter, or induction kit? Discuss lol

Ummm no contest in my view, judging by the comparisons on the net, free flow filter in smoothed standard airbox and 3-4 inch inlet pipe over an induction kit, if you don't want any heat soak prob's and better air flow it seems... :shrug:

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Defo go for the Green Cotten Filter, I put the OEM back in to get car serviced and really did notice a difference :cry:. Put the Green back in and it feels much freer - don't know if thats a word but it sounds right :shrug:

kwan88

Jan 18, 2003
Slough
Visit site
Can just an air filter make the car sound better. During the service my LCR Throttle Body was very dirty and the dealer had to clean it out. Will the filter prevent this?

Regards.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.