Anyone used these Ebay Bulbs???

nutter_engineer

Feb 16, 2007
In my experience, hid 'effect' bulbs have been very poor and the light output is quite bad as the glass is tinted to produce the blue. Proper hid's is the way to go imo.

ScoobyJawa

Achtung!
Oct 2, 2002
Liphook
Visit site
You can buy an HID kit for only £40 so those are worthless IMHO. If you do want to go for normal bulbs then there is no substitute for buying a good name 50% or 90% extra light bulbs like those on offer from Osram, Philips and PIAA for example......

gazR

CUPRA
Apr 25, 2009
Derbyshire
In my experience, hid 'effect' bulbs have been very poor and the light output is quite bad as the glass is tinted to produce the blue. Proper hid's is the way to go imo.

same here, i bought some they were shocking, had to use full beam most of the time. i had some osram nightbreakers in my last car which where better, no way near as good as HIDs though.

R@B

I Like Turbos!!!
Mar 11, 2009
Sunny Glasgow
Don't buy cheap bulbs, they're cheap for a reason. I bought a similar set and one of the fogs lasted 2 months( was'nt even using fogs) and dipped beam did'nt last long either as the blue coating started to flake of within three months. If its just bulbs then try osram nightbreakers or the philips x-treme power.

Last edited:

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
buy hids, dont do things by halfs.

just get the cheapest kit you can as they are all the same.

the tinted bulbs have a habit of loosing there tint and you end up with bits of blue in your headlamps.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.